Employee Relations Consultant
Our client is one of the world's largest Insurance Groups. On behalf of this organisation, Adecco are recruiting for an Employee Relations/HR Generalist Consultant on a 6 months contract with possible extension and permanent opportunities. This role will be a remote based with occasional requirement to work in the Swindon office.
Start Date: ASAP
- Rate of pay: £26,500 - £30,000 (depending on experience)
- Hours of work: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, flexible working available
- Duration: 6 months initially
Purpose of the Role:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join and support the People Service function. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and monitoring sickness and absence across the whole organisation. This may include the following duties: support and advise manages on sickness absence, preparing reports and other MI documents, identifying absences and sickness trends, supporting the team with any other ad-hock activities.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage and monitor all types of sickness and absence including: maternity, paternity, referrals and other absences
- Advising and guiding managers on how to address sickness absence such as disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Redeployment and performance management support
- Preparing reports on sickness absence and identifying absence trends
- Maintaining and updating HR systems and another database's
- Responding to all sickness and absence queries
In order to be successful in this role you will have possessed all or some of the below criteria:
- Proven experience of working in a HR generalist role, ideally within an ER function
- Strong communication and listening skills, being comfortable in advising and influencing managers dealing with employee relations issues.
- Ability to quickly develop a rapport and strong working relationships remotely, across all levels, within the wider HR team and business teams.
- Proven ability to work without close supervision, a self-starter who enjoys working as part of a team but who is equally comfortable working on their own, utilising their initiative in an effective manner.
- Strong organisational skills with evidence of ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality, accuracy, attention to detail and high standards
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Employee Relations Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.