LAN Network Engineer
Duration Initial 3 months with potential to extend
My high profile client are currently recruiting for a Network engineer to join their Selby based team to work on an initial 3 month contract with the potential of extension.
The role will require the successful candidate to carry out work outside of normal working hours (evenings / weekends) where required to minimise impact to service.
Occasional travel to other sites around the UK maybe required
Department: Information Technology - IT Operations
Job Type: Network Support (projects)
* The primary focus for the role is to provide technical network support to delivery business and internal projects within the agreed timelines. This can range from complex / new network solutions to small changes needed to support a project.
* Assist the wider Group IT Networks team with maintaining the network infrastructure, carrying out upgrades, changes and resolving incidents where required
* Primary role is to manage and deliver network requirements relating to projects workstreams.
* Role also provides support to wider Group IT Networks team for network services across multiple sites when required.
* Works closely with other IT teams, Solutions Architecture, Governance and third parties and business stakeholders across the Group
* Responsible for defining the network deliverables based on project requirements.
* Responsible for creating LLDs based on project requirements / HLDs.
* Responsible for delivery of Network services for both business and internal network team projects, ensuring that the deliverables and milestones are met.
* Responsible for documenting new or updated network services following project completion and handover to operational teams.
* Assist in the continuous development and design of the network active infrastructure driving towards a world class infrastructure.
* Provide Network operational support for all devices within the network including Cisco switches, routers, firewalls (ASA), Palo Alto firewalls, Checkpoint firewalls, Load Balancers (F5) and Cisco / Meraki wireless.
* Adhere to Policies and processes including change control and incident management processes.
* Assist where needed to address network issues with focus on first touch fix to minimise downtime.
* Be a true team player, working professionally and constructively with colleagues offering help and assistance where needed to ensure Network stability and service availability is maintained
* · LAN / WAN technologies and Protocols
* · Cisco Switches / Routers (IOS, XE and XR)
* · Firewalls (ASA / Firepower, Palo Alto, Checkpoint)
* · Load Balancing (F5 etc.)
* · Wireshark, Monitoring, and other operational tools
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
* experience working in a network technical support (3rd line) and / or previously worked in a role focused on Network project delivery.
* CCNP certified or able to demonstrative technical hands on knowledge at that level.
* Experience with identifying network requirements based on high level project deliverables and / or HLD.
* Experience in creating Low level network designs based on set of requirements or HLD.
* Experience in delivering new or updated network solutions as part of a project team.
* Experience in supporting multi-vendor environments (Cisco, Palo Alto, F5 etc.).
* Experience in supporting large scale networks and internal user base.
* Able to plan and prioritise own workstreams and deliver to agreed timelines and SLAs.
* Able to operate in a pressurised situation and handle multiple priorities.
* Good communication skills, able to interact with all levels of the business.
* Customer focused, service driven with evidence of planning and delivering projects.
* Experience with Cisco Voice (Call Manager, Cisco Cubes, Voice Gateways etc.) would be beneficial.
* Experience of working with third party Telco service providers would be advantageous.
* Working knowledge / experience of PCI / DSS would be desirable.
Measures of Success:
* Fulfilling project commitments based on time and quality.
* Providing detailed documentation and low-level designs to underpin project deliverables.
* Ensuring network infrastructure downtime is kept to a minimum to achieve availability target of 99.99%
* Support the wider team to address any major incidents are dealt with in a timely manner.
* Support of change initiatives through ITSM policies and procedures.
* Maintaining compliance with all standards held by the company.
Apply for LAN Network Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.