Overall Purpose of the Job:
- To work flexibly, taking responsibility for administration of activities for the Student Experience Programme, and/or to areas of the organisation requiring additional administrative support due to Programme Requirements
- The role may move between teams as required to provide support where it is needed at different stages of the Programme
- To oversee the work of Administrative Assistants as required
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities or Duties:
- To work flexibly to undertake administrative activities to support the delivery of
- clerical and administration activities associated with the Student Experience Programme; and/or
- providing clerical and administrative support to teams within the organisation requiring additional support with student related activities
- To provide information and guidance to colleagues and/or students on systems and processes within allocated work area, both verbally and in writing
- To supervise and co-ordinate the work of administrative support staff as required
- This may include but is not limited to:
- Ensuring the efficient operation of administrative processes for either the Student Experience Programme or other Student Related activity areas, including monitoring and reporting on activity
- Diary management and supporting meetings and events, including scheduling meetings, making venue and catering bookings, circulating paperwork as required, and monitoring/tracking completion of actions
- Managing documents / Circulation of documents and working remotely with MS Teams/Zoom
- Maintaining accurate records and working with University IT systems and processes
- Dealing with correspondence or enquiries from colleagues or students
o Processing purchase requisitions and the payment of invoices and expenses involving the use of the University's finance systems, and administer related documentation
o Drafting of written content using information provided
- To ensure that confidentiality of information is maintained in line with data protection requirements and University Policy.
- To comply with University Health and Safety requirements.
- To act in accordance with University equality, diversity and inclusion policies
- To undertake such other duties (for the office or more widely in support of enhancing the student experience) as directed by line manager, commensurate with the level of responsibility for the role.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Willing and able to work in a flexible and agile way and move between teams, providing support as required
- Knowledge and experience of in a variety of administrative roles and the ability to quickly learn, understand and apply policies and procedures
- Experienced in the provision of information and guidance to managers, staff and/or students both verbally and in writing
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), demonstrating an ability to deal with a wide range of people
- Flexible and responsive to customer needs and able to provide information, advice and guidance whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise a variety of work activities in a busy environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Experience of working in a team environment within a large organisation, demonstrating an ability to be flexible and provide support for colleagues.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates numeracy, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve issues effectively.
- Good computer skills with experience working with Excel, Word, MS Outlook
- Able to supervise staff and co-ordinate work activities
- Demonstrates a commitment to enhancing the student experience, excellent customer service and to the University's values and behaviours.
- Familiarity with MS Teams / Zoom
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge and/or experience of working in Higher Education or in a student facing environment
Experience of working in a project team or environment
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Grade 4
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.