Head of Highways and Parking
JOB TITLE: Head of Highways and Parking
PAY RATE: £500 - £600 per day (Umbrella)
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: 3 month contract, with potential extensions
IR35 STATUS: Inside
- Highways Improvement Manager
- Highways Asset Manager
- Street Lighting PFI Manager (Croydon & Lewisham)
- Highways Traffic Manager
- Streets Technical Manager
- New Business and Projects Manager x2
- Infrastructure Manager
- Customer Service and Policy and Performance Manager
- General Enforcement Manager
- CCTV Operations Manager
- 160 fte - Highways and Parking staff
The Head of Highways and Parking will work as part of the Public Realm Directorate
Management Team (DMT) and will be:
- Responsible for the strategic and operational management and control of the highways and parking service, ensuring that the service meets national and local priorities in a customer-focused and efficient way. To be lead advisor for the highways and parking service delivery within the Service's Directorate.
- To manage the development, operation, delivery and review of all highways and parking services:
- Responsible for ensuring that the specifications and costs meet the cash limits and that, within those parameters, they best meet the collective needs of service users.
- Responsible for end to end process, parking and traffic enforcement, associated regulations, resources and dealing with customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the management of all budgets associated with the Service, both expenditure and income. (£40M exp; £30M inc)
- To manage the negotiations and operations of highways and parking services in particular Highways and Street Lighting contracts as well as back office and external support services and to ensure appropriate contracts are in place to deliver such services
- To ensure delivery of an effective, efficient and proactive customer focused service in accordance with the requirements of legislation, delegated powers, council standing orders and officer code of practice
- To be responsible for the development of policy and practices which underpin services immediately surrounding highways and parking services and to ensure close liaison on this within the Directorate, cabinet and the council as a whole.
- To act as Authority Representative for the Joint Street Lighting PFI with Lewisham Council.
- To identify and mirror good practice within London (and the UK) and to innovate and deliver a strategic vision and roadmap for the development of both Highways and Parking Policies.
- To lead transformational change due to new legislation and deliver quality and value for money within the service And to work closely with the Director of Public Realm to limit the impact on front line services even when faced with a significant reduction in resources.
- To ensure adherence to the Council policies, financial regulations and audit requirements. Ensuring that the service operates in line with relevant legislation, Health and Safety, Human Right Act, Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act and procurement requirements.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Chartered Engineer and member of either the Institution of Civil Engineers or Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation
- Degree Level Qualification in Civil Engineering or relevant subject, or equivalent work experience.
- In depth understanding of the issues covered by the Highways and Parking services provided by the council
- Proven experience of having managed an NEC, ICE Term Service Contracts, an in depth knowledge of its application and the processes that support it.
- Substantial leadership experience in an organisation of comparable scope and complexity
- Ability to demonstrate high level of business acumen, analytical skills and creative thinking within the context of this role.
- Excellent financial management demonstrating the ability to ensure that contracts with a combined value of £40 million (per annum) and that income targets of approx. £30 million (per annum) are well managed.
- Excellent leadership and motivational and influencing skills and ability to in managing a large team of individuals with diverse roles across multiple disciplines
- Experience in preparing and managing contracts, interpreting contract conditions / specifications and excellent negotiating skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Head of Highways and Parking
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.