Adecco Cramlington are delighted to support their client in a search for a Finance Assistant/Accounts Assistant
The role is the perfect opportunity for the right candidate who is wanting to develop themselves further in their career, as the role will allow the right individual to take on more responsibility over time such as ownership of accounts or any accounting duties that come up from the planned purchase - great opportunity which will allow the individual to take on more duties over time.
Initial duties will include:
- Ledger management - both creditors and debtors, bank receipts, reconciliations
- Credit Control (minimal, as customer ordinarily pay up front)
- Payroll: for around 65 weekly employees, end to end
- Assisting the FC with P&L analysis and reporting
- Bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Overseeing the current purchase ledger and sales ledger clerks
- Assisting with process improvement and ad hoc projects
- Candidates that are either qualified by experience or part qualified (CIMA/AAT qualified)
- They must have experience of processing payroll (including experience of T&A systems and Sage 50 Payroll)
- They must have a good working knowledge of ledgers
- They will have experience of P&L reports and be familiar with balance sheets
- Good Excel skills: Vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs etc.
- They will possess a strong work ethic and be willing to take on additional duties as the role develops
- Have an eye for process improvement
- Experience within manufacturing would be beneficial but not essential
- £23,000 - £25,000
- 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hour week)
- Auto enrolment pension
- Study support would be available for the right candidate - distance learning in their own time
- 25 days + bank holidays (some holidays to be used for the Christmas shut down)
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Finance Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.