The Adecco Group has a fantastic opportunity within a family run company based in Peterborough. Industry leaders in both transformer and site electrical manufacturing, this company are currently looking to recruit a production worker to fill a permanent, full time position within their manufacturing centre in Peterborough.
The job holder will be working as part of a team manufacturing bespoke components within both the transformer and site electrical departments.
We are keen to hear from applicants who have experience in a manufacturing environment and electrical wiring experience would be desirable.
The ideal person would be able to demonstrate the following:
* Experience working within a production/ factory environment.
* Have a willingness to learn new skills and new challenges.
* Highly reliable character with good timekeeping skills.
* Be calm under pressure in a busy department.
* Be able to work diligently, independently and accurately with minimal supervision after full training.
* Be able to follow detailed production sheets accurately.
* Have a proactive awareness of workplace safety.
* Take pride in presenting a high-quality finished product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Reporting directly to the production supervisor to work as directed by the production department.
* Manufacturing Transformers - working in various stages of the production chain including Winding, Laminating, Terminating and Test/ Inspection. Full Training will be provided.
* Ensure safe work practice in own work area.
* Following production sheets for each component.
* Ensuring accuracy and high spec job completion at all times.
* Contribute to general housekeeping within the factory.
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
Pay: £8.75 - £9 per hour
Regular shifts - 8 hour working day with a Monday - Friday week
20 annual holiday days + bank holidays
Christmas to New Year shut down
Full training provided on site
* Manufacturing: 2 years (preferred)
* Electrical wiring: 1 year (preferred)
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Manufacturing Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.