(Competitive Salary, bonus, enhanced benefits - including unlimited paid leave, discounted gym membership and more)
We are looking for individuals who are highly curious about discovering patterns and meaning in data from businesses and organisations. As a data analyst, you will be analysing large quantities of data, helping both our clients and Profusion to visualise hidden insights - which are then used to solve business challenges.
The key responsibilities of a data analyst are to discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data from a varied number of sources. Additionally, help us find better insights for our clients so they can make smarter decisions. The candidate's primary focus will be in applying statistics and machine learning to help business stakeholders make smarter, better informed decisions. The candidate will need to work closely with our clients to identify issues and use data to propose solutions. Coding solutions that are replicable and clear to follow which will enhance the team's productivity and results.
The data analyst should have significant experience in statistical analysis and machine learning and likely holds an MSc or PhD in maths, statistics, computer science or related field. We also value creativity, being able to think outside the box and the ability to understand the wider human and business context and not just the mathematics.
You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London's Tech City.
- Writing SQL queries to get the relevant data
- Using R or Python to analyse the data pulled
- Using Sisense to visualise data insights
- Occasionally using Excel for some quick data analysis
- Explaining to non-technical stakeholders the outcomes of the data analysis
- Cleaning, exploring and aiding in the data analysis for ad-hoc projects.
- Analysing, summarising and drawing insights from data in order to deliver BAU reports
- Automating recurring data analysis reports
- Any other ad hoc responsibilities that may reasonably be required
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
We are looking for a candidate who has attained a postgraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Economics, Chemistry, Biology or another quantitative field and has at least one year working experience in a Data Analytics role.
Essential experience and traits
- Solid experience coding in R, Python or Julia
- Experience using SQL to query relational databases
- Excellent understanding of data science techniques
- Ability to imagine useful ways of analysing data
- Good communication skills - including explaining data science to non-technical stakeholders
Desirable experience and traits
- An interest in human behaviour, business or marketing
- Desire to brainstorm ideas and propose data science inspired solutions to business questions
- A creative thinker with a strong passion for answering difficult questions using data
- Ability to tell a story using data and convey the main message clearly
- Ability to visualise data to communicate more effectively
- Experience working with datasets that require a lot of wrangling or cleaning
- Ability to estimate amount of work needed to complete a project
- Experience working in an Agile environment (e.g.: Kanban, Scrum)
- A love for sharing knowledge, teaching, learning and collaboration
How to apply
If you are passionate about a career in data science and you meet the requirements above, please email your CV with a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining why you would be ideal for the role (Closing date for applications is 12th April 2021).
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy