Senior Procurement Manger
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Procurement Manger to join a local authority based in East London.
The appointed person must have:
A proven track record of successfully developing and implementing procurement policy and procedures within Local Government. Ideal candidate must have a broad knowledge of public sector procurement policies as well as the following: * Sound knowledge and experience of PCR 2015 and EU procurement practice
* Experience of working with or within Local Authorities
* Experience of direct line management
* Experience of using Proactis E-tendering system or other similar e-tendering systems
* Experience of working within corporate procurement team
* Writing and implementing procurement policies
The appointed person will be required to undertake the following:
* Develop the councils Sustainable Procurement Policy in liaison with key stakeholders
* Work with key stakeholders and external Partners to implement initiatives to strengthen monitoring of Social Value benefits secured through tendering of council contracts.
* Prepare report for Boards and Committee as required
* Review and propose initiatives to improve councils' current approach to recording and monitoring of procurement savings
* Manage the administration of the Procurement Gateway process and provide support to Strategic Procurement Board.
This role is paying £450 p/d UMBRELLA or £360.37 p/d PAYE.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Senior Procurement Manger
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.