ROLE: HR Manager
ASAP START - Working hours: Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
Reporting to the HR Director, the primary function of the HR Manager is to provide an effective and comprehensive generalist HR service on behalf of the Client for the Worker population. You will operate as part of a dedicated Human Resources team working alongside the wider HR teams and in close collaboration with employees and management teams.
Working in close partnership with the Clients' teams to advise on generalist HR initiatives and employee relations in line with organisational goals and objectives. It is the responsibility of the HR Manager to drive effective performance and conduct of the team and contribute to the successful delivery of the project. The HR Manager will be required to provide guidance compliant with prevailing employment legislation.
- Design and implement processes and procedures to manage the HR Services for the life-cycle for the contract
- Continuously review process and procedure making improvements and adjustments as necessary based on data analysis and trends of enquiries received
- Report on a regular basis hot topics, trends, and risks to management alongside resolutions to mitigate risk to the aims and objectives of the project.
- Provide second line advice and guidance on a range of HR topics
- Ensure effective and efficient onboarding and training of all new starters within the HR team for HR Helpdesk
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary
- Leading and directing the human resource team to deliver a comprehensive HR specialist support to the worker population
- Up skill, engage, support, and develop an HR team. Including coaching and mentoring as required.
- Work with the L&D team to develop training for Line Managers and up-skilling in management capability
- Responsible for the review of all HR Policy, processes, and toolkits.
- Ensure that absence, performance, conduct is managed in accordance with policies and processes and risks are managed accordingly
- Escalation point for complex matters and to be point of contact for Senior Managers for all HR enquires.
- Proven HR generalist experience CIPD level 7 or equivalent
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of employment legislation and its application
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy
- Confidently deal with conflict and solve complex risks
- Be objective in balancing the personal needs of the individual with the commercial needs of the business
- Handle all issues in a fair and consistent manner
- Be well organised with strong attention to detail
- Experience of setting up a HR function would be beneficial
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic the current working environment across the UK has changed immeasurably, therefore Helpdesk Agents will be requested to work in either a full or partial virtual work environment which will involve home working. As a homeworker you will be expected to accommodate and adhere to the following measures:
- L&D Specialist will be expected to set up a private and secure work environment free from any distraction,
- Ensure confidential information is not discussed in the presence of others,
- Ensure all notes are made electronically on the equipment provided and deleted according to GDPR legislation (notes must only be held for the time and purpose they are needed),
- Comply with all aspects of the working from home standard operating procedure,
- Confirm you have unlimited access to internet (will not run out of data allowance).
- Inform your insurance company that you will be working from home and
- On occasion you may also be requested to attend an office location to deliver training and support new starters and established members of the Helpdesk team.
If you would like to be considered for this role please send you CV
please note only successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for HR Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.