Electrical Engineering Lab Technician
Lab Technician - Electrical Engineering
Hours: Flexible hours, Monday - Friday
Job Type: Temporary, 6 months with likelihood of extension.
My client are an international leader in the technology and engineering industry are looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer to support their testing laboratory. Working as part of a small team you'll perform design and test related tasks; apply your knowledge and experience in an electrical laboratory environment.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about supporting engineering, whilst at the same time having the curiosity to seek out new ways of doing things and be open to learning and growing as a person.
You should hold minimum a BTEC L3 in electrical engineering, and ideally have knowledge of low voltage power or electronics. A base requirement for you experience is good soldering skills, knowledge in cable assemblies including cable crimping and mechanical skills like drilling and assembly. Also, being able to demonstrate capability to learn, diversity of thinking and an excellent work ethic, including working with cross functional teams are extremely important to be successful in this role.
Key duties include
* SMD soldering and rework
* THT (e.g. large components) soldering and rework
* Manufacture cable assemblies
* Build up prototypes and interface to production for sample builds
* Plan and prepare electrical test setups and installation for testing of new and existing products
* Setup of test benches and all related test environment
* Build up and maintain motor test rigs
* Intensive collaboration and information exchange with the respective development projects
* Coordinate laboratory maintenance with facilities
* Organise/Maintain laboratory storage & supplies
* Order stock and non-stock items
Skills & Competencies required
* Minimum of BTEC L3 in electrical engineering
* Good soldering skills of SMD / THT Components
* Knowledge in cable assemblies including cable crimping
* Knowledge of measurement and test methods
* Past experience working in a test laboratory
* Mechanical Skills (Drilling, Assembly)
* Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office)
* Show initiative, organise your work, take ownership of your tasks
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Electrical Engineering Lab Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.