Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Embedded Linux Software Engineer - SATCOM sector
Hampshire or Surrey or Manchester
Salary up to £70k
A world leader in SATCOM technology, is expanding its presence in the UK and is recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to join them in either one of their UK sites, in Hampshire, Surrey and/or Manchester. If successful you will be developing the next generation of satellite modems targeted at applications in both the satellite payload and ground systems using cloud-based hubs and gateways.
The satellite industry is going through very exciting time in history right now, moving away from small numbers of simple 'bent pipe' satellites in geostationary orbits, and upgrading to 1000's of smart, networked satellites in low to medium orbits, these satellites will process data on board.
This is an opportunity to join the dynamic team developing the software solutions that are driving this revolution.
- Define product requirements and develop the software architecture solutions required to satisfy them, this will be done through liaising with Customers, Product Managers and other internal design teams
- Develop software applications for use in the new generation of 'on board processing' satellite systems, these will enable features such as, software defined radio (SDR), SoC modems and server/cloud-based network management systems
Skills and Experience in one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of software structures and architectures
- Experience of using Embedded Linux is key
- Experience working with network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP)
- Experience defining, developing and maintaining full software stack
- Knowledge of embedded operating systems such as Linux
- Experience of embedded processors i.e. ARM, MIPS and DSP
- Experience of OOD and unit testing using C/C++
- Knowledge of Linux kernel and device drivers is a real plus but not essential
- Experience of TDD and formal development processes using industry-standard toolsets, e.g. GIT, SVN
- Understanding of best practices for system variability, error handling and robustness
This role can be based in Hampshire or Surrey, with some home working also available. In both cases, it has great links to London. Some international travel may be required to visit customers, suppliers or other sites in the UK, Europe, and America (although not currently).
Interested? Apply here today and find out moreModis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law. Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers. By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.
Apply for Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.