Are you a Shift Leader/Manager looking for a new opportunity? Are you from a logistics background and have experience of people management? Would you like to join a market leading packaging manufacturer based in Yardley, Birmingham? If so, look no further.
My client, based in Yardley, is currently recruiting for a Shift Leader/Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. They are looking for a hands-on Shift Manager, ideally from a logistics background and someone who wants progression and will lead direction. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual who is motivated, and results driven.
- Up to Salary £28,000 per annum
- Mornings - 5:30am - 2pm
- 40 hours per week
- Immediate start available
- Interviews taking place imminently
Duties to include:
- Management of the shift through use of effective and meaningful KPI's and ensuring that the team also use KPI's to measure effectiveness.
- Picking up on picking errors etc and driving discipline to change behaviour
- Floor walk hourly dealing with any issues / if a supervisor cannot get the orders out the door then then SM will source the resource / get involved them self
- Different units / Large scale operations
- Presence on shop floor
- Influence development focusing on building robust systems and process which can be maintained by staff at all times through developing & maintaining SOP's.
- Act as a high level escalation contact for customer issues and complaints.
- Responsibility for shift staffing levels and expenditure allied to ever changing client requirements.
- Carry out work studies and employee profiling in order to maintain best practice and methods.
- Create a positive Health & Safety culture within the business which is fully compliant with all legislation.
- Carry out performance reviews for all direct reports and ensure all 100% completion for all colleagues.
- Ensure all work is prioritised as per company and client needs.
- Ensure all training is current and reviewed annually.
- Hold and document daily shift briefs with shift members.
- Drive operational excellence through continuous improvement processes
- Logistics industry experience preferable
- Someone who's dealt with 1000s of SKUs / different products
- Managed up to 20 people directly / or at least 4/5 supervisors
- Confident and self-motivated
- Passionate about all Supply Chain technologies
- Energised by a challenging fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Uphold processes and conduct disciplines
- Leads by direction and example
- SAP system would be a massive plus
- Warehouse processes / Systems
Interviews taking place imminently. Please apply today!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Shift Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.