Microsoft Cloud Native Engineer
Microsoft Cloud Native Engineer:
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you'll be working with?
You'll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of developers who specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise solutions from the Microsoft stack and a variety of Open Source to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We're active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs - written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/. We have some public opensource project available in our gitub (https://github.com/capgemini ) and much more are on the pipeline to be released.
The focus of your role
You will be working in full stack, close-knit teams developing and delivering some of the most innovative software solutions available for our clients, using Microsoft Azure technologies. You'll work in a cloud-first environment, with a strong focus on microservices and containerisation, seeing them through from design and into production. With a demonstrable agile mind-set and approach, you'll have ample opportunity to illustrate your love of development and passion for technology.
What you'll do
- Work on some of the most bleeding edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
- Act as a developer and subject matter expert on delivery engagements for clients with responsibility for the specification, development, testing and implementation of complex cloud native applications
- Working as part of a development team help drive best practices e.g. branching strategy, testing methodology, CI/CD and pipelines.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms, frameworks, automated testing, deployment and release pipelines, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, errors, saturation, traffic and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and release velocity.
- Help defining processes and standards, following Open Source best practices and keeping abreast of industry trends.
What you'll bring
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing; experience of building scalable, resilient applications using Azure
- Experience of .NET and related technologies (.NET Core, MVC, Entity Framework, etc.)
- Experience of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD), ideally using Azure DevOps / VSTS
- Experience of working in collaborative teams and working in an agile manner in a commercial environment
We're also using the following technologies and patterns, it would be great if you had some of the skills, if not we can help develop them:
- Designing microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD), CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
- Hold one or more Azure or .NET certifications
- Azure DevOps
What we'll offer you
Are you interested to work with and learn from the best, most inspiring engineers in the UK? Do you want to be encouraged and recognised for giving back to the open source community? Do you want to build your profile as a Cloud Native developer ? Do you want to be rewarded for striving to continually improve?
Coupled with the training, tooling, development and career progression of a large multinational business, this goes some way to describing what's in it for you at Capgemini. We work with some of the world's largest brands, in some of the most interesting and complex projects underway in modern IT.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality.
These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn't necessarily right for everyone. So we'd love to hear from you if you feel you're a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we'll find the right working approach for you.
Apply for Microsoft Cloud Native Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.