IT Support Officer
Adecco Poole and Bournemouth are delighted to be assisting one of our local clients in their search for an IT Support Officer.
This role is being offered on an initial 6-month contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing detailed technical knowledge and assistance to facilitate the effective and efficient running of ICT networks, systems, and services.
- To support ICT Analysts with the management of networks, systems and services. Implementing new systems or data extracts and reports
- Investigating any reported issues with performance, reliability, capacity, and security to enable any issues to be dealt with before they impact on the services provided
- Provide network, system and service administration through training and supporting others to perform such tasks.
- Enabling access to systems, information and resources when required and where authorised, maintaining the security of data by managing access to systems
- Contributing to the design, development and build of new systems, applications, and processes.
- Supporting ICT solutions to enhance the functionality and supportability of systems, including the interfacing of data between systems
- Integrate new hardware, systems, services, and processes to support the police service's objectives, performance and to promote improved public service and confidence
- Assist in the testing and implementation of patches, releases and upgrades to systems as required by the business
- Review documents and maintain records in accordance with ITIL processes
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable ability to support and maintain networks, systems, services and databases appropriate to the team the Support Officer is working in
- Proven commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Proven ability to work unsupervised, to demanding timescales and as part of a team
- Experience of working in user-focused ICT service delivery environment
- Proven ability to administer complex, ICT networks, systems and services
- Demonstrably good communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information in a meaningful way to a non-specialist customer base
- Fully competent and experienced in Microsoft Office applications
- Awareness of PRINCE2, Agile or similar project methodology
- Understanding of ICT security and background understanding of legal issues relating to ICT e.g. Data Protection and Computer Misuse Acts
If you are the candidate we are looking for or are interested to discuss this role or other live vacancies, please do not hesitate to call Tom on 01202 202810 or email
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for IT Support Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.