Business Analyst - (Checkouts)
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
* Working with the Customer and other Consultants as required, using recognized, structured analysis and design methodologies to determine and document solution requirements, ensuring that the solution is robust and deliverable, and that the scope is clearly defined.
* Assembling and presenting business requirements, functional specifications, Epics, User Stories and other project statements in customer preferred formats as required
* Conducting business needs analysis against existing technology and supporting processes to determine functional and technical requirements
* Assisting in process definition and acting as a consultant to improve business processes
* Performing the modeling of business and system processes based on findings through use-case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models
* Collaborating with other internal entities and 3rd party vendors to identify alternative solutions and translating operational needs into requirements
* Monitoring requirement related activities of assigned projects and working with Project Managers to ensure that the project remains in scope
* Communicating the status of each phase for assigned projects to management on a scheduled basis
* Helping develop testing requirements and plans to validate application changes and supporting business processes
* Helping coordinate delivery of business solutions and supporting processes according to business priorities and requirements
* Supporting beta-testing, end-user testing and validation by the Customer for new or revised solutions
* Evaluating proposed change requests (CRs) to existing solutions to identify potential adverse impact upon operations and to facilitate sizing and scheduling by other teams
* Ascertaining whether newly implemented/revised solutions and supporting processes are meeting end-user requirements and business objectives as specified. Escalating or providing feedback to the Customer accordingly
* Researching/analyzing current/emerging technologies/vendor services in support of business priorities and objectives - both within and outside of my client
* Training less experienced employees within assigned area(s) as required
Qualifications / Experience
* At least 5 years of business analysis or consulting experience
* Knowledge / experience of working with the NCR retail product suite - especially R10 or Emerald - is desirable
* Be educated to post higher education, preferably in Computer Systems Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Familiar with working with large retail clients from a service provider, software provider or end user perspective.
* Knowledge of working in both 'Agile' and 'Waterfall' environments
* Conversant with Project management principles
* Computer literate in MS Office 2000 or later- particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access or similar database to basic level.
* Knowledge of working with TFS or Confluence / Jira is an advantage
* Possession of a recognised Business Analysis Qualification / Diploma is an advantage
* Self-motivated & self-driven
* Able to achieve organisational objectives through effective planning, punctuality, organisational skills, coordination skills, decision making skills, and time management.
* Results-orientated with a positive outlook
* Clear focus on high quality and business profit
* Effective communicator, can work effectively with all levels of people from Senior Management down to front line employees
* Professional and credible in dealing with senior company executives
* Able to demonstrate vision and strategic thinking
* Well-presented and business like.
* Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Business Analyst - (Checkouts)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.