Grave Digger/Grounds Person
We are currently recruiting for a grounds person
Winter 8am to 4pm with half an break in the morning and an hour for lunch.
Summer 8am to 5pm with two breaks and an hour for lunch.
Temp to Perm From £10.00ph (weekly pay)
Based in North West London
1. To be responsible for a programme of maintenance grounds work agreed annually and
weekly with the Foreman. .
2. To use a strimmer, lawn mowing equipment and other tools / machinery in order to
maintain the Cemetery.
3. To ensure that headstones and memorials as brushed / blown so that they are tidy after
the areas have been strimmed when requested by foreman.
4. To empty litter bins, pick up litter and tidy and maintain the Cemetery.
5. To report fly tipping and other issues to the Foreman
6. To carry out other gardening duties as requested (e.g. Lawn mowing, hedge trimming,
clearing areas of vegetation, brambles, using weed killer etc)
7. To test monuments for safety and to make them safe and record and report.
8. The post holder must at all times maintain respect for bereaved people and do all that is
practicable to meet their needs. Also when approached by visitors/public speak politely
and be helpful at all times.
9. To be responsible for all equipment, protective clothing and supplies issued and report
10. Assist with traffic flow during funerals / parking etc.
11. To observe appropriate H&S guidance in respect of using machinery and wearing
12. To deliver all duties with respect to equal opportunities and diversity.
13. To dig graves according to specifications set by foreman.
14. To assist in the removing and replacing of memorials
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Grave Digger/Grounds Person
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.
More searches like this
- Construction & Property Properties/Facilities Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Building Trades Properties/Facilities Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Property Management Facilities Management Properties/Facilities Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Industrial & Manufacturing Properties/Facilities Management jobs in London (Greater)