Purchase Ledger Supervisor/Assistant Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Are you an experienced Purchase Ledger Supervisor or Assistant Manager looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to work for an innovative and passionate business that understands that the key to a successful business is successful people? If so, this could be the perfect role for you.
My client, the UK's largest civil engineering and building contractor, is looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger Supervisor to become a great addition to their strong, fast paced Purchase Ledger department. Joining a team of 13, you will be a Supervisor or Assistant Manager who is either confident with managing people or if you are less front facing, you will be able to complete reporting, checks, effectively close out actions and follow up issues to a high standard. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to ensure that they have a rewarding role within a highly regarded team.
Hours: Full time 9:00am - 17:00pm (Flexible on start and finish time)
Salary & Benefits:
- Highly Competitive salary
- Possibility of Paid Study
- 3.5% pension, life assurance
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Immediate start
Duties to include:
- Supervision of purchase ledger administrators
- Ensure procedures are adhered to and tasks are completed accurately
- Ensure administrators are dealing effectively with internal and external persons to ensure efficient resolution of queries
- Collation and analysis of suggested payment reports in accordance with procedure
- Undertake accurate payments by BAC's in accordance with payment procedure
- Ensure accuracy and self checking of own and team's work
- Financial Controller with ad hoc duties including development, reviews, and update of Purchase Ledger procedures
- Working to monthly deadlines set within procedures
- Ensure correct paperwork is received to meet VAT rules and regulations
- Checking set up of new supplier accounts and bank details
- Previous experience in purchase ledger or accounts management
- AAT Level 2 qualification or above
- Experience in Reconciliation, VAT, BAC's payment, and Payroll
- Someone who is driven, motivated and ambitious
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel and computer literate
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Someone confident with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Meticulous and methodical; working with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail under pressure
- Previous Purchase Ledger experience for a construction/civil engineering company is desirable
- Experience of dealing with high volumes in a busy environment
Shortlisting taking place w/c 29/03. Please apply today!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Purchase Ledger Supervisor/Assistant Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.