Helpdesk Team Leader
As a member of the Helpdesk Contact Centre team you will be expected to deliver an effective and efficient interface for our Client as a Team Leader. You will oversee and drive daily operational performance related to issues including, but not limited to Human Resources and Payroll enquiries.
To thrive in the role, you will be expected to champion best practise whilst effectively managing and leading a team of Helpdesk Agents through coaching, mentoring and performance management, thus ensuring agents are sufficiently trained to deliver consistent high output related to the incoming workload needs of the programme.
Furthermore, you will be expected to efficiently manage any incoming escalations with a swift resolve whilst actively contributing to the ongoing development and implementation of the service delivery plan.
- Give specific directions to the Helpdesk team members to enable them meet specific service deliverables
- Create and manage teamwork processes that will boost the level of productivity, enhance excellence in communication and monitor the level of service delivery in order to determine areas of lapses
- Take measures of crisis management to control all effects that may arise from User problems and complaints to avoid escalation
- Organise training and/or plan for team member to receive training on the latest and best practices in handling help desk related issues
- Keep clean records of all activities in the help desk department and present them where necessary to management for evaluation
- Create good working relationship amongst members of the help desk team to ensure smooth flow of work, which improves overall performance
- Develop several strategies to tackle issues to have a backup plan where a particular strategy might not be effective
- 121 on the job coaching to ensure that Helpdesk Agents are supported and developed
- To oversee and drive daily operational performance through real time management
- To oversee and set individual agent tasks and activities through team huddles daily
- Manage team activities to ensure Helpdesk Agents respond proactively to fluctuations in variable worker enquiries
- Assist in resource planning arrangement for Helpdesk,
- Undertake regular performance management with team members which include probations, 121s, appraisals, quality monitoring, coaching, and mentoring to ensure KPIs/ targets are met.
- Effectively manage any incoming escalations with a swift resolve rate
- Resolving any HR and performance issues, working closely with the wider Adecco HR team
- To use Helpdesk Contact Centre technologies efficiently and effectively, such as Salesforce/Connect and 8x8 to record and maintain electronic records of worker details, requests for service and appropriate actions taken,
- To monitor and assess personal performance against targets, seeking support as necessary in order to deliver Helpdesk key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Experience of working in a Multi-Channel Contact Centre with proven experience of leading teams
- A background working within a Human Resources or Payroll/Pension environment
- Experience of managing KPI focused targets
- Ability to coach and mentor others
- Experience of undertaking staff development and performance management
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in Mathematics and English essential
- Proven people and performance management skills
- Effective time management and organisational skills,
- Recent experience of using current IT and communications technologies,
- Previous experience with Salesforce is desirable,
- Accurate data entry and attention to detail skills,
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to communicate and instruct a diverse range of people,
- A positive and tenacious can-do attitude with confidence to manage own workload.
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic the current working environment across the UK has changed immeasurably, therefore staff within the programme will be requested to work in either a full or partial virtual work environment which will involve home working. As a homeworker you will be expected to accommodate and adhere to the following measures:
- Set up a private and secure work environment free from any distraction,
- Ensure call details are not discussed in the presence of others,
- Ensure all notes are made electronically on the equipment provided and deleted according to GDPR legislation (notes must only be held for the time and purpose they are needed),
- Comply with all aspects of the working from home standard operating procedure,
- Confirm you have unlimited access to internet (will not run out of data allowance) and
- Inform your insurance company that you will be working from home.
Strives to achieve results and meet or exceed expectations, effectively overcoming obstacles and setbacks.
Seeks to build and effectively service valuable external and internal customer partnerships.
Problem Solving & Analysis
Actively handles problems, proposing effective solutions that are coherent with the analysed information.
Embracing & Adapting to Change
Has the ability to recognise and accept the need for change. Modifies own behaviour and approach accordingly to achieve desired outcomes.
Self-Management & Development
Takes responsibility and ownership of him/herself and understands the impact of own actions and their effect on others.
Communicates concisely, adapting according to the purpose, audience, and situation. Is open to receiving communication.
Works with and contributes to a team environment to work toward a common goal both with direct reports, peers within the brand and in the wider group, collaborating to achieve overall and long-term success for the group
Identifies, builds, and maintains sustainable relationships with others.
Supports, develops, and effectively manages others (individuals and team) to achieve outstanding levels of performance. Acts as a positive role model, inspiring and empowering others.
Strategic Planning & Judgment
Has an in-depth knowledge of his/her area of specialisation or business? Understands the market in which the organisation works, anticipates trends, and can create and communicate a vision, strategy, and operational plan.
Driving Financial Results & Innovation
Drives team to deliver outstanding results while creating an environment that enables risk taking and innovation. Constantly looking for ways to work and improve processes.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Helpdesk Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.