Stores Coordinator / Material Handler - German Speaking
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest technology and engineering companies in the world. We are looking for someone with experience of working in a logistical environment. The role will include liaising with international suppliers so the ideal candidate must be confident in dealing with external stakeholders and be able to speak German fluently.
Due to the nature of the goods, basic knowledge of engineering would also be beneficial.
Duties will include:
- Stock control utilising the stock management system
- Receive, dispatch, inspect and issue materials
- Updating the relative order/materials databases
- Contacting suppliers and warehouses to find out return dates
- Assisting technical staff in the identification of materials and raise order requests
- Assembling, packing materials/goods according to logistical demands/programs in order to support timely handing of the dispatch orders
- Loading and unloading of the trucks in a careful manner in order to ensure the released goods are moved and stored without damage and in line with manual guidelines
- Conducting daily and weekly checks of all technical devices and systems used for handling materials
- Ensuring that materials are picked in accordance to the maintenance exams of trains, and that the items are delivered from the stores and are supplied in good time to the receiving units
- Liaising with outside agencies for transportation of material through authorised accounts to move material to other depot/suppliers
- Collaboration with internal/ external customer to meet current needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Developing a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities.
Skills / Experience sought:
- Previous experience in a Stores Coordinator, Material Handler, Logistical Management position
- Good written and verbal communication skills - in both English and German
- Demonstrable experience in a role requiring stakeholder management
- Previous experience using SAP
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good level of computer literacy
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Stores Coordinator / Material Handler - German Speaking
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.