Head of Gas
Head of Gas
Initial Contract: 3-6 Months (Temp to Perm)
Rate £Competitive Salary on a Fixed Term Contract
Overview of Role
As the Head of Gas you will report directly to the CIO and will be supporting a new structure and take responsibility of a newly established team who will be supporting the UK's Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) Applications.
This is mainly concerned with the SCADA failsafe systems across the country which are crucial to the Critical National Infrastructure. You will be expected to be familiar with SCADA systems from either an electric, water or gas perspective.
The new structure also requires support in establishing a Devops structure. No technology has been identified as yet and the successful candidate will be instrumental in the decision and acquisition process as well as defining the strategy around the Devops implementation.
- Be accountable for delivery of all CNI Application services for Gas maintaining the operational availability, security, performance to the defined service levels, overseeing changes and driving service improvement by analysing KPI performance / adherence
- Actively collaborate with other CNI department heads (Data Centres, Networks and Infrastructure) to ensure the operational availability and performance of services across CNI
- To work with the wider IT organisation to ensure the operational integrity and security of new or transformed CNI services coming into production
- Expected to motivate, provide direction and lead the Gas CNI team. You will have experiencing of developing staff to deliver against their potential and be confident to deal with performance issues
- Demonstrate the Valued Business Partner capabilities and behaviours in all interactions with IT Colleagues, vendors and business stakeholders.
- Experience of running an established DevOps environment or ideally standing up a DevOps capability from scratch
- Experience and proficiency in analytical decision making, organisational design and technical operations
- Knowledge and experience of Operational Technology, including SCADA
- Ability to grasp, analyse and convey complex Application & Technology issues and incidents
- Maintain application monitoring, performance tuning and testing
- Knowledge and operational experience of Cyber Security defences in IT and Mission Critical systems
- Experience of working with Control Rooms and Utility Business communities, setting direction and decision making (up to and including Band B level Management)
- Experience of setting strategy & direction for Mission Critical application/infrastructure scalability
- Understanding of the Gas market and how it supports the License to Operate
You will be an integral part of Ajilon (Adecco), a FTSE500 Global organisation with over 52 clients and sole supplier to the biggest organisations in the country and the world. You will be employed by ourselves as an Ajilon Consultant working onsite with our client where you will receive a regular salary, annual bonus payment, pension contributions, holiday and sick pay, plus a number of additional benefits such as medical insurance, income protection, critical illness and life insurance, access to our discounted benefits website and library of online training materials and future career and certification opportunities.
This great opportunity is being offered on a FTC PAYE basis which means a LTD/Umbrella company cannot be used.
If you think you have the experience and you would like to become an employee of this fast growing business unit within Ajilon please apply with your CV right now for instant consideration!
Apply for Head of Gas
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.