An exoerienced Shipping Officer is required for a long term contract assignment based in Stevenage.
* Timely delivery of product in line with project demands.
* Creation, completion and management of documentation required to effect export deliveries, to include, transport documents, hazardous goods note, customs formalities etc.
* Topicality of Import, Export and Transport Registers
* Liaise with transport both UK and International.
* Undertake Imports and report Intrastats as required.
* Promotion of functional excellence
* Assist Export Control Department in compliance with regards to Export Licences
* Maintain topicality with all transport legislation up to and including prohibited weapons level
* Identify process improvements to create an efficient and cost effective service
* Day to day knowledge of all movements from site
What we are looking for from you?
* Detailed knowledge of export legislation
* Ability to adapt style of communication to ensure effective delivery of service
* Interpersonal skills across different business functions
* Strength of character not to deviate from process when other demands conflict.
Apply for Shipping Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.