Head of Data
Are you a data superhero that has developed data strategies and has been involved with building an entirely new data function? Do you have experience in and understand the complexities of data management within the healthcare sector? Are you looking to work for an organisation that is truly client centric and wants to play a part in changing the healthcare landscape within the UK? If so, please read on.
My client, an amazing organisation based in Bingham, Nottingham, is recruiting for a Head of Data to take ownership of their data strategy and implementation and overall data architecture. They are looking for a high-calibre individual to drive data change management at pace through the organisation. Information governance is a key part of this role and the Head of Data will ensure that they have the right data structure and tools to deliver their wider business objectives.
- Very competitive salary - dependent on experience
- 25+ bank holiday days
- Auto enrolment pension
- Free eye tests and flu jabs
- Free parking available
- Flexible working available
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, organisation-wide data strategy which will encompass how the organisation hold and manage data as a controller and as a data processor where blood testing services are provided to third parties.
- Develop and build the supporting data architecture to deliver that data strategy - working with cross-functional teams and product owners to ensure robust and seamless end-to-end data flow.
- Help define the consent model and the data management of customers as they access services through multiple providers and channels.
- Be the data expert in providing support to the strategy group.
- Review and lead on the procedures for data risk management, including working with the wider legal/governance teams on the impact of data legislation.
- Ensure that systems and processes are always in line with data protection and privacy legislation, as well as evolving industry best practice.
- Own and build a data dictionary ensuring clarity throughout the data lifecycle.
- Lead the process of reviewing and developing the organisation's data requirements to identify the systems, processes and skills required to achieve long-term objectives. Review and manage resource (internal and external) and budget requirements to achieve the data strategy and vision.
- Work across the entire organisation to build relationships that motivate and enthuse employees about the relevance of data to them and how it can be incorporated into day-to-day practices including identifying training and communication needs to ensure consistency in data management in the future.
- Ensure that all data management systems are audited for data quality, integrity, completion and consent in line with the requirements set out in the data strategy and make recommendations accordingly.
- Ensure that the group are abreast of the latest developments and trends in data tools and methodologies.
- Build, develop and manage the data team, using external supporting agencies where required, and offer support to the wider teams.
Key skills and experience:
- You will have proven experience of leading the development and implementation of a data strategy across an organisation with a complex structure - experience in digital health apps and/or providing digital services to the national healthcare service would be desirable. Experience of working closely with external commercial partners is required.
- You have a rich, practical understanding of how different people interact with data across an organisation and how you can build systems and processes to manage this effectively.
- You understand data architecture, database technologies, warehousing, and their implementation.
- You have at least 6 years' experience of leading and developing data teams to implement changes in technology.
- You are a strategic thinker with an ability to see the bigger picture.
- You have first-hand experience of data architecture and ongoing management.
- You have a solid understanding of data protection and privacy by design, ideally in a health context.
- You have a track record of challenging the norm and are comfortable influencing senior management as well as other team members and stakeholders.
- You have an excellent understanding of data protection and privacy legislation with experience of ensuring that relevant processes are in place to meet all requirements.
- You have a track record of scoping, resourcing and delivering projects with an excellent understanding of a variety of project management approaches, including agile, and when it's appropriate to use each one.
- You have experience working across and leading both technical and non-technical teams in multiple locations to achieve a common goal.
- You have proven experience of translating technical complexity for a variety of audiences.
- You are an excellent communicator, with an aptitude for motivating and enthusing teams.
- You have proven experience of working with remote teams.
- You have experience of implementing management information systems for internal business users and external customers.
- You have a sound understanding of data accreditation required for National Healthcare Service and other public sector contracts and ideally experience in gaining and maintaining that accreditation.
If this sound like you, please apply today. Interviews are taking place imminently
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Head of Data
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.