An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Communications Officer to join a public sector organisation based in East London. The role is a temporary role, initially for 3 months, with possibility for extension for up to one year. The role is working remotely from home until further notice.
The role will largely focus on internal communications, ensuring that council staff are informed, engaged and aware of the organisation's new ways of working and how staff can play a part in the organisation's development and future shape.
There will also be a focus on providing communications support for a specific service area; to develop campaigns, social media and digital content addressing key organisation priorities.
The successful applicant will have previous experience developing and implementing internal communications and engagement activities across a range of channels, working on a range of internal communications tools and methodologies.
- To lead the development, implementation and delivery of internal communication tools including a fortnightly newsletters for managers and a newsletter for a service area
- Updating content on the intranet and other staff briefings both written and verbal
- Following the pandemic, to develop and deliver a communications strategy to ensure that all staff are nagged and aware of the organisation's new ways of working
- To work closely with key change services including HR to develop and deliver internal communications activity to support organisational change
- To work closely with HR to provide ongoing updates to staff about changes to work guidelines and practice following Covid-19
- To promote the use of internal communications tools that effectively engage and inform all staff
- To lead, research and write copy for a range of internal communication channels to agreed timescales
- To work with HR colleagues to promote and communicate staff/manager support initiatives such as training opportunities and the leadership and development programme
Communications support for a specific service area
- To develop and deliver an effective digital and print media relations plan, which positively promotes the organisation and corporate campaigns nationally, regionally and locally
- To plan, implement, monitor and evaluate best in class campaigns for the organisation
- To proactively manage the presentation of key messages in the print and digital media (including social media)
- To produce high quality, engaging social media content and articles for resident newsletters
- To prepare well-written and accurate media materials including press releases, media invites, reactive statements, photo opportunities and internal briefings
- To provide a calm and measured response to media enquiries
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Communications Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.