6 months role initially, could become permanent
Interviews w/c 29th March
Start date 6th April
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a standalone HR Officer on a 6 month fixed term contract to manage all HR and recruitment activity within the business. This is a truly generalist role and a great opportunity to gain hands on experience to all areas of HR in a constantly changing environment.
- Provide expert employee relations advice and coach managers across a range of employment issues including absence management, performance management, conduct and capability, disciplinary and grievances etc
- Be the first point of contact for all HR related employee questions.
- Ability to utilise Occupational Health effectively and supporting line managers in OH referrals
- Maintaining employee records in line with GDPR guidelines. This includes HR files and databases; recruitment and induction records, employee absence records, performance reviews, and grievance and disciplinary records etc
- Producing and updating monthly HR activity reports to be circulated for wider reporting purposes within the senior management team
- Support line managers with general admin duties including arranging meetings, preparing furlough letters, taking minutes during disciplinary meetings
- Manage the full recruitment process from creating job description / role profiles, to reviewing CVs, organising interview dates, conducting assessment days and responding to all recruitment queries
- Onboard all new starters to various databases in an accurate manner and ensuring personal details uploaded to payroll and the benefit scheme
- Management of the full employee life cycle ensuring right to work & licence checks, probation reviews, new starter / leaver forms processed accurately and within tight deadlines
- Preparing offer letters of employment and welcome packs for new starter induction days;
- Collating payroll data and ensuring weekly / monthly timesheets submitted before payroll deadlines
- Supporting the training school in developing training materials for dCPC modules and staff development
- Facilitate strong working relationships with employee groups and trade unions
- Take ownership of all DSAR requests and processing in lines with GDPR guidelines
- Update and Implement HR policies and procedures to ensure overall business objectives are met and facilitate the continuous improvement to working practices
- Ensuring effective and ongoing attraction, recruitment and retention through robust workforce planning
- Leading the employee engagement agenda, including the design and delivery of effective engagement and communications plans
- Building capability levels through effective learning and development plans, including suitable apprenticeships and training programmes for technical and vocational roles, and management and leadership activity
- Ensuring effective performance improvement approaches, including goal setting and reviewing, and management of conduct and capability
- Acting as the local lead for employee pensions. Examples include chairing the local pensions committee, liaising with Group Pensions, and ensuring the accurate completion of pension-related requests such as early retirement, ill-health retirement and claims
- Proactively supporting, encouraging and demonstrating the Go-Ahead Visions and Values to ensure that they become embedded in the culture across Manchester.
- Support and lead when required with adhoc projects, working with key business stakeholders and senior management.
- Champion mental wellbeing at the workplace and chair local Mental Health First Aider networking events
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Previous standalone HR experience in a unionised environment is essential
- Level 3 CIPD qualified or equivalent working experience
- HR reporting and analytics experience desirable
- Confident working knowledge of employment law, recent case law and HR best practice
- Experience dealing with ER casework and ET preparation
- Strong communication skills with the ability to guide, influence and challenge current working practices appropriately
- Proficient use of MS office including excel
- Hands on mentality and must be confident working independently
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to prioritise work activities
- Flexible and adaptable
- Experience in transport industry is desirable
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for HR Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.