Assistant Management Accountant
Day to day role:
To assist the Financial Controller and ensure all Financial and Statutory deadlines are met whilst continually improving all Finance processes.
1. Accounts to Trial Balance ensuring its integrity via P&L analysis year on year and versus Budget.
2. HMRC EC Sales and HMRC EC Departures.
3. HMRC EC Arrivals.
4. Complete and submit VAT return using MTDfVAT.
5. Assist with implementing new processes and procedures for continual improvement.
6. Maintain integrity of the Purchase ledger supporting the Purchase ledger clerk(s).
7. Be responsible for raising Intercompany recharges and payments.
8. Process employee expenses ( cash and credit card ) using the Concur web based solution, liaising with the Payroll department.
9. Close General ledger, Sales ledger, Purchase ledger, Purchase order processing and Inventory modules on a monthly basis, requiring minimal out of hours working.
10. Control of any and all petty cash accounts.
11. Prepare and submit Marketing Development Fund rebates to deadlines.
12. Any other ad-hoc duties requested by the Financial Controller.
* Qualified to at least AAT level 3 and looking to become a Professional Accountant either CIMA or ACCA. Yet needing to gain experience commensurate to studies to enable progression in the profession.
* Ability to take responsibility to ensure all deadlines are met both Financial and Statutory.
* Sage experience preferred but not essential.
* Must be a team player.
* Willingness to learn new accounting packages, efficiently.
£22,000 rising to £22,500 on successful probationary completion. for Candidates less than AAT Level 3 qualified
Complete study support with 2 days holiday extra per exam.
Passing the following stages will also be rewarded by the following new minimum Salary as experience will also be considered.
AAT Level 3 £23,000.00 pa
AAT Level 4 £24,000.00 pa
CIMA Operational Level or ACCA Applied Knowledge £25,000.00 pa
CIMA Management Level or ACCA Applied Skills £26,000.00 pa
If you are AAT qualified and looking to grow within a Management Accountant position then this is the role the role for you.
If you would like further details please contact Nick @ Adecco 01905 732790 Email
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Assistant Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.