Handyperson / Adaptations Technician
As an Adaptations Technician / Handyperson, a typical day might include:
- Leading our handyperson service - carrying out wide-ranging activities in residential and commercial properties that the owners can't complete on their own, such as general maintenance, basic plumbing, carpentry, renovations, landscaping, repair of walkways and exteriors, snow removal and yard care.
- Installing our minor adaptations, such as grab rails, handrails, bathroom adaptions, half-steps and other solutions to keep customers safe in their homes
- Working with the wider team to find solutions to customer queries, including liaising with customers and suppliers, measuring up works and providing ideas
- Deliver amazing customer service to some of the most vulnerable customers
- Work unsupervised in occupied and unoccupied properties and ensuring tools and equipment are used safely
- To liaise with customers and the wider team to ensure jobs are completed on time and to an amazingly high standard
- Ensure all equipment, plant, materials and vehicles are handled correctly, well maintained and securely looked after, including regular checks for road-worthiness on vehicles for which you are responsible
- Carry out work activities in line with policies, procedures, risk assessments, high quality standards and in accordance with Building Regulations
- Adhere to health and safety Regulations with regard to the safety of yourself, other workers, customers and the general public
- Be customer focused, showing flexibility in working hours to ensure we provide a service that meets the needs of our customers
- Undertake further training and qualifications as the job role and changing legislation demands
- May be required to participate in an out of hours call out rota to cover evenings and weekends as required
The must haves:
- You will have a recognised apprenticeship or trade qualification (eg City & Guilds, NVQ level 2, or equivalent)
- Ideally you will have a Joinery based background with the ability to complete plumbing work, Tiling and patch plastering, decorating, but as a minimum you will have experience of delivering all types of maintenance activities
- You will have a minimum recognised two year's experience within the construction industry with a multi skilled approach across trades
- A full valid UK Driving Licence and CSCS card
- You will have a great understanding of the construction industry, in particular the building trade, including legislation, Health and Safety, manual handling, working at heights and so on
- Basic IT skills and experienced user of Microsoft applications, using mobile a devices to find data and documentation and to record information
- You will have the ability to plan ahead to ensure that all jobs can be completed on time, first time
- Resilience. Working in social housing is a challenging but rewarding career, you'll be helping to bring real change to our customer's lives
The added extras:
- Experience of installing wider adaptations works such as wet rooms, or ramps
- Qualifications or experience in plumbing, finishing or wider electrical works a bonus.
- Understanding and appreciation of the needs of older, disabled and vulnerable individuals and households
- You will be able to demonstrate commitment to customer focus and high-quality delivery service
- You will possess a positive 'can do' attitude with the ability to work under own initiative
- You will be a great timekeeper with a commitment to delivering a high-quality end product
- You'll be adept at change, having got hands on experience living and breathing new ways of working and knowing how to bring your colleagues along for the experience
- Averaging 40 hours a week, rolling rota of 8am - 8pm, Monday - Saturday
- At least 25 holidays per annum + Bank Holidays
Interested? Apply now!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Handyperson / Adaptations Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.