HR - Payroll Clerk
HR - Payroll Clerk
Solihull / Shirley
12 months Fixed Term contract
Reports to: Payroll Team Leader
Goals and Objectives:
To manage and maintain the Company's Payroll systems to ensure the weekly and monthly payrolls, totaling 4500 approx employees, run efficiently and effectively in line with Company requirements and current legislation.
* To ensure that all employees are paid accurately each week and month using the Company's integrated HR and Payroll systems.
* To protect the Company by ensuring that employees are paid in a timely manner and that they are not overpaid/underpaid.
* To process variable pay accurately and efficiently ensuring compliance with statutory requirements.
* Reconciliation and processing of 3rd party payments to all vendors including HMRC, Pension providers, court orders etc.
* To assist with Year End Process and reporting of annual submissions for varying pension schemes
* To identity areas of cost saving and where processes can be changed in order to achieve maximum productivity.
* Logging queries and resolutions in order to assist in identifying areas for process improvement.
* To produce all relevant correspondence in relation to payroll enquiries (i.e. mortgage requests).
* To produce and interpret payroll reports as and when required.
* To perform manual Tax and National Insurance calculations.
* To carry out periodic audit checks to identify any areas of noncompliance or potential risks.
* To keep up to date with changes in legislation and ensure that all payroll activities adhere to tax/employment legislation.
* Providing cover for other members within the Payroll Team
* Any other duties deemed necessary by the Payroll Manager
* Ensure adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures.
* Be fully conversant and compliant with all Environmental Health and Safety procedures.
* Complete quarterly ethics module as advised by Ethics & Compliance Officer (ECO)
Proven payroll processing experience ideally gained in a high volume Shared Services environment
Must be educated to 'GCSE' level standard or equivalent.
PC literate with excellent working knowledge of Excel and Word is essential.
Prior experience of working to set procedures in a logical and systematic manner with high volumes of administration.
Knowledge of current tax/payroll legislation is essential.
CIPP qualification desirable or willingness to obtain CIPP qualification.
SAP Payroll experience is preferred
Apply for HR - Payroll Clerk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.