3 days left
- Job Level
The post holder will take operational responsibility for School compliance in relation to visas. They will manage and co-ordinate the School's compliance processes and policies, as required by the Home Office, in order to satisfy and maintain the School's visa Sponsor Licence.
- Work closely with the Programme Office as part of the process to monitor the attendance of all registered Student visa students, retain an up-to-date summary of attendance levels for these students, including details of any approved absences.
- Reporting in the CAS system any change in Student visa students' status, contact details, work experience, as required.
- Responsible for carrying out regular audit checks on Student visa students' records, to ensure they are fit for purpose, for announced or unannounced Home Office visits.
- Check and process all Student visitor visa requests and corresponding documents thoroughly, to ensure only genuine students who meet the requirements are issued with Student visitor visa sponsorship letters.
- Provide reports on visa matters to the Dean of the London Campus and the Head of Marketing and Admissions.
- Contribute to the development and update of immigration related information for prospective international students, provided via our websites and any other marketing material as required.
- Provide effective guidance for staff and students with queries relating to any visa issues, Student visitor visa, Student visa, administrative review and dependents.
- Disseminate knowledge within the Programme Office, Admissions and recruitment teams about Visa regulations and procedures.
- Represent the Visa Compliance services as required at meetings and events, including webminars, student induction days and open days, and specifically support the School and operation of orientation events for international students.
- Maintain key skills and knowledge and stay abreast of UKVI updates and regulations pertaining to Student visa guidance for sponsors.
- Monitor that students have registered with the police, where required.
- Provide support and guidance to students who have lost passports and BRPs, to help with BRP and entry clearance errors.
- Provide advice to HR and prospective employees on various sponsorships and visas relating to their future and/or ongoing employment with the School.
- provide training to staff on Visa Sponsor responsibilities and relevant policies and procedures, such as attendance monitoring, restriction on teaching locations etc.
- Work closely with staff across the School on matters related to supporting international students throughout the student lifecycle (student support, wellbeing, academic etc.).
Person Specifications: Skills/Experience Required:
- Knowledge of Home Office procedures, Immigration Rules and the ability to interpret complex rules and regulations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional verbal and communications skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels and to build effective relationships
- Excellent presentation skills and public speaking
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Student-centred, advisor-oriented and have the ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Strong customer service orientation
- Self-starter, proactivity, initiative and judgement
- Diplomatic influencing and relationship-building skills, to work effectively with faculty, administrators, students, alumni, and external constituents
- Self-motivated with an ability to thrive under pressure
- Excellent written skills;
- Diplomatic influencing and relationship-building skills, to work with others
Experience and Education:
- Relevant qualification at degree level or higher
- experience in higher education in a visa related role in the UK
- Experience in leading and developing a function, as well previous line management experience
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Excellent command of English, as well as clear, accurate and effective communication, both verbally and in writing is essential,
Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels are an Employment Business
Thank you for your interest in this role. All successful applications will be contacted within 5 working days. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we do ask for your patience to wait to hear from the consultant rather than to call us directly.
If you have not heard after 5 working days then unfortunately we were unable to consider your application on this occasion. Office Angels Oxford Circus branch look after roles in the following locations and all areas in between: Oxford Circus, Bond Street, Marble Arch, Marylebone, Mayfair, Baker Street, Edgware Road, Regents Park, St Johns Wood, Primrose Hill
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Visa Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.