Job Title: Shipping / Logistics Coordinator
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am-4:30pm, 8:30am-5pm, 9am-5:30pm, flexible hours
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + BH + Private Medical Insurance
Delivering superior customer value is at the heart of the company we're recruiting for. As a Shipping Coordinator at their Ashford site, you will support customers through monitoring any daily shipment issues, management of outbound customs queries and monitoring of imports to ensure the delivery schedule is maintained efficiently.
Your main responsibilities within the role would be:
- Support Site Transportation Manager/ Team Leader on day to day operations
- Collaborate with Customs/TA: Ensure compliance with import and export regulations,
- Work in conjunction with TA and customs broker(s) to ensure all required import customs clearance procedures and documentation are complied with within time
- Monitor compliance of all documentation with transport regulations
- Stay informed on local import/export regulation changes
- Maintain records / archive of import and export shipping documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Managing SAP system to ensure shipments are moved on time to meet required shipping date.
- Monitor data entry of shipment information into SAP shipping module and activate billing upon confirmation of delivery
- Support accuracy of data in shipments to allow efficient execution of E2E process and reporting
- Responsible for issuing and collating all required Transport/Export set of Documents (including sending to Customer and external party)
- Coordinate release of transport invoices, identify payment discrepancies and prevents invoicing errors
- Manage transport complaints in collaboration with GBS in due time and implement corrective action if on site
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Experience in logistics in a manufacturing environment.
- An additional language would be an advantage
- Experience in shipping operations preferred.
- Knowledge on Customs / TA
- Solid SAP and MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PPT) or other MRP system
- Good knowledge of transportation supplier landscape.
- Good knowledge of local and international material/product safety/security norms and regulations.
- Knowledge of supply chain dependencies and processes.
- Basic knowledge of production process.
- Good analytical and negotiation skills.
If this sounds like an ideal position for you and you have the experience outlined above, then please apply today. Bonnie (Candidate Manager) or Nicola (Permanent Consultant) will call you within 48 hours to discuss the position in further detail with you if you match the requirements for the job. We look forward to your application.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Shipping Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.