6 days left
- Full Time
Role title: Software Engineer
Location: Edinburgh (Working from Home/open to all locations)
Initial Duration: 3 Months
Our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that supports the business in delivering high quality, efficient and positive impact outcomes for customers. Our Software Engineers ensure the products we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the quality and standards that our customers expect.
So what is the role?
You'll be joining us in a key Software Engineering role within Retirements Lab Engineering Team, working on building an internal application used by colleagues to inform customers of their pensions options, servicing over 300 different pensions products.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Developing RESTful microservices using Node.js and integrating with a number of other internal applications
- Building and testing of a React front end
- Ensuring good testing practice and automating with the pipeline
- Deploying containers and running them in Kubernetes
What skills, experience and knowledge will I need to do this role?
- We like people who come from diverse industry backgrounds but as a minimum you will require knowledge of the financial services and preferably understanding of pensions and pension products/features.
- You will require strong Node.js and React skills, with a good knowledge of Docker and Jenkins CI pipelines. You will also need to understand containerisation and Kubernetes, preferably also having knowledge of Helm.
- You'll need to be comfortable undertaking development of both RESTful microservices and UI and have good understanding of best testing practices. A considerable part of the role will be working alongside other engineers within the feature team, embracing agile methodology and working collaboratively.
- You'll also need to be comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary team, engaging with Product owners, fellow engineers, and scrum masters.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Software Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.