Systems Engineer - Defence
7 days left
- Full Time
Role: Systems Engineer - Defence
Salary: Will consider applications up to £50k
An exciting Systems Engineering vacancy within a world leading defence company has become available in Stevenage. This opportunity is to join the R&D department developing state of the art technologies working from concept through to production. The company in question is routinely named as one of the top 30 places to work in the UK and offers a whole host of fantastic benefits.
Due to recent project wins and a need to expand the department they are looking for a range of design focussed Systems Engineers to work on a wide variety of emerging and future technologies.
This role suits an engineer who has an analytical and concept driven mindset, thriving in an R&D environment. This position will require you to work on novel technologies and identify new techniques to solve complex problems.
Activities listed below will give an insight into the role:
- You will work in small teams, with high levels of delegated responsibility, to define and develop products and the plans for future products.
- The opportunities to manage task packages, including driving programmes to delivery, management of associated budgets and interfacing with technology areas.
- Working on a wide variety of studies including: Capability development, trade studies, operation analysis, whole life costing, technology route mapping among others.
- Supporting the bids team for future developments
Due to the concept driven nature of this position it is essential that you are flexible and can adapt to challenging situations. You will also be required to have familiarity traditional systems engineering tools such as: DOORS, Rhapsody etc.
- Appreciation of systems engineering processes.
- Passion for concept driven work
- Excellent Communication
- Ability to gain a DV (Developed Vetting) clearance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Paid overtime (subject to level)
- Pension scheme
and many more.Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law. Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers. By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.
Apply for Systems Engineer - Defence
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.