Import Customs Assistant Manager- Freight Forwarding
6 days left
- Full Time
Import Customs Assistant Manager - Freight Forwarding
Up to £32k pa depending on experience
Lichfield - currently working from home/remotely
Adecco have a fantastic opportunity for an assistant manager to work for our client who specialises in the movement of freight to and from Europe. We currently have vacancies in their newly established Customs team. This is an exciting opportunity assisting in the management of a department which carries out the new EU customs requirements. This is a great opportunity or someone looking for carer development
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of customs and European freight forwarding - a min of 3+ years' experience carrying out Import Customs. You will be arranging and completing all associated paperwork for import and export clearances and will support the Customs Manager and deputise where required.
The Role: Our Import Customs Operators will be required to liaise closely with our Operations team to ensure all relevant customs documents have been generated and I.T systems (both internal and external) are updated in a timely manner. You would carry out this role as well as overseeing the activities of other team members.
Operational: Declarations will need to be completed accurately within the required time frames, support with any issues that are escalated by other team members.
Customer Service: Providing excellent customer service and keeping customers advised on declaration completion and confirming VAT and duty payments to customers when required. Spotting and reacting to any customs issues that might cause delay to a shipment.
Administration: All VAT and duty invoices to be generated in our freight management system and emailed to customers.
About you: You will:
- Be a self-starter with high levels of motivation to do a great job.
- Have a good understanding of import customs
- Ideally have experience of Destin8, CNS
- Have made the import customs clearance yourself generating the C88
- Have some experience using different CSPs, eg MCP, Pentant, CCS
- Have an understanding of import VAT and duty, quotas
- Be used to customs Invoicing and query resolution
If the above role is of interest, please apply directly or for further questions please call the Adecco team 0121 354 2749
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Import Customs Assistant Manager- Freight Forwarding
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.