Strategic Support Officer
6 days left
- Full Time
Strategic Support Offiecr
To provide expertise and support to departmental senior management teams across a range of strategy and policy areas within the criminal justice remit. In particular, to:
- Develop and review Force and departmental policies, undertaking environmental scanning and other research activities to ensure existing or proposed polices meet current legislative requirements and offer good working practice across the Criminal Justice Department.
- Ensure all changes to policy, procedures and working practices are communicated fully and effectively across the department.
- Monitor the implementation of and continued compliance with new policies and working practices, through appropriate quality assurance and audit processes. along with continued departmental compliance their continued
- Prepare briefings and other strategic position papers for the Departmental Management Team.
- Maintain an effective records management system and an up to date library of all materials produced.
- Hold specific responsibility for a number of subject areas, developing expertise and acting as subject matter expert and/or single point of contact, both internally and for partner agencies and other external organisations, on various key criminal justice functions, external contracts, national schemes or projects
- Represent the department or Force on local, regional or national forums such as working or steering groups.
- Liaise closely with other key deliverers of criminal justice and custody services in the force and also with other elements of the criminal justice system
- Fully effective research and analytical skills
- An understanding of the wider social context within which the police service operates
- Demonstrable skills in all Microsoft 'Office' applications
- Excellent written skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
The successful applicant will be subject to stringent vetting and references prior to commencing employment.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Strategic Support Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.