PLANT INTEGRITY PIPEWORK ENGINEER
5 days left
- Full Time
Plant Integrity PIPEWORK ENGINEER
The prime responsibilities are to:
- Ensure that the integrity of all new and existing site pressure pipework complies with corporate standards, European and UK regulations and legislation, codes and standards for design and manufacture, and functional specifications to maximise containment and reliability of Barry site processes.
- Act as a 'Category 2 or 3' inspector for 'major / intermediate / Minor Systems' as defined in UKAS publication 'RG2: Accreditdowation for In-Service Inspection of pressure Systems / Equipment'.
Other key responsibilities are to:
- Act as the competent person for the Barry site with respect to the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR) 2000. Draw up draft Written Schemes of Examination (WSE) and present for certification. Review WSEs at appropriate intervals for continued suitability, draft modifications when appropriate and present for certification. Carry out examinations in accordance with WSEs. Review requests for postponement of WSE examinations in accordance with the PSSR and in particular that they do not give rise to danger.
- Act as User-Inspectorate with respect to Pressure Equipment Safety Regulations (S.I. 2016/1105) 2016 (PER)
- Work with other functions, technology teams, outside professional bodies and colleagues to set the strategies and improvement goals for the department's defined area of responsibility.
- Work with outside professional bodies to set the strategies and influence standards, codes, regulations and legislation effecting improvement for the department's defined area of responsibility.
- Participate, as a team member, on global technology teams, EEMUA teams or other teams as might be appropriate to set and adopt strategies and policies of the Barry site and the culture to promote them.
- Communicate and co-operate with mechanical maintenance and project groups throughout clients Chemical to facilitate achievement of common or complimentary goals.
- Maintain non-destructive testing qualifications as directed by Supervisor.
- Engineering Technician as defined by the Engineering Council
- API570 Qualified piping Inspector
- Preferable an apprenticeship in metals fabrication or equipment maintenance environments.
- ONC in Mechanical, Metallurgical or Materials Science.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for PLANT INTEGRITY PIPEWORK ENGINEER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.