IT Project Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Role - IT Project Manager
Duration - 6 Months
Location - Manchester/remote
The project is a complex delivery, involving multiple third party and internal delivery workstreams together with business readiness and implementation planning
- Identify and agree the project deliverables and critical success factors to provide a basis for effective planning and management of projects.
- Work closely with Project Sponsors, Heads of IT & Change and Principle/Senior Delivery Lead to fully identify and articulate change requirements and desired business benefits and to translate these into agreed clear and tangible outcomes.
- Ensure maximum efficiency and value for money through robust cost challenge and cost management (budgets, estimates, forecasting, and resource utilisation). Review and challenge project & 3rd party cost models to ensure budgets are fit for purpose for successful delivery.
- Management of the relationship with technology and other 3rd party suppliers, to deliver change to maximise value for money.
- Ensure impacts to IT run costs are captured, tracked and accepted by the IT support function
- Ensure business readiness for implementation/handover to maximise the business' subsequent realisation of all targeted business benefits.
- Development and maintenance of project plans, whilst ensuring that specific deadlines and milestones are agreed and communicated to all parties involved.
- RAIDDA management to ensure projects are delivered to agreed time, cost and quality, escalating risks and issues which threaten delivery to plan. Play a leading role in the swift and effective resolution of issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A good extensive knowledge of the Payment infrastructure
- Proven history of working in a payments background
- 3-5 years of relevant project management experience required, a project management qualification is desirable but not mandatory.
- Experience of both waterfall methodologies and agile methodologies
- Experience of managing project budgets of £1m - £2m (multiple small/medium projects or 1 large project).
- Experience of managing technical 3rd party suppliers, track record of delivering a number of small-medium sized technical projects or projects with a significant technical deliverable.
- Banking/financial services experience desirable, but not mandatory.
- Experience of working in a large, complex and dynamic environment, ideally regulated
- Good knowledge of project management frameworks and governance approaches in a relevant environment.
- Strong level of planning and organising skills with a medium-term planning view, proficient in use of Microsoft Project to plan and organise projects.
- Proven understanding Risk and Issue Management.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to lead virtual teams resulting in delivery success.
- Good financial/cost management capability, including managing budgets, challenging costs & interpreting data.
- Substantial understanding of commercial, financial and legislative requirements of projects.
- Good understanding of the financial services industry, political environment, regulatory and industry legislative issues.
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities' employer.
Apply for IT Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.