2 days left
- Full Time
Temp to Perm
Salary £22000 - £25000 depending on experience
Outskirts of Andover
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm (early finish on Fridays!)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a well established engineering company based just on the outskirts of Andover. You will be part of a small friendly team.
Responsible for supporting the business by sourcing and purchasing an adequate supply of necessary materials, negotiate the most competitive prices and to help manage overall inventory and stock levels.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
* Build and maintain excellent relationships with our existing and all new suppliers.
* Ensure that all materials are purchased at the most competitive prices and/or within required lead times to meet the company needs.
* Ensure the quality of purchase products to ensure the company operates smoothly and reaches its goals.
* Keep up to date on the company's needs to ensure that material and consumable stock levels are maintained where necessary.
* Operate as a key member of the production team.
* Communicate with the management team about offered prices on products to obtain final approval for purchases.
* Create a company stock level system (re-order levels etc) to ensure that stock levels are maintained where necessary.
* Understands the business industry needs and which materials are most important to the business requirements.
* Work well under tight deadlines.
* Keep a highly organised schedule.
* Constantly look for efficiency's to ensure the company's purchasing costs are as competitive as possible.
* Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
* Experienced and highly organised.
* Understanding of the engineering industry.
* Team player.
* Work well under pressure.
* Experienced with MS Office and, in particular, MS Access database (although full training will be given)
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Purchasing Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.