Warehouse Operations Manager
Adecco are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of our Deeside based client who are excited to be searching for a new Warehouse Operations Manager to take overall responsibility for the timely and accurate receipt, storage, transfer and dispatch of goods in order to deliver excellent standards of service to all customers & stakeholders. The successful candidate will ensure that health and safety requirements are met and are maintained in line with company standards.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take full ownership and accountability for the Operation to ensure the timely completion of tasks by the department and ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure operational flexibility through effective training and planning to deliver high levels of service to the customer, exceeding their expectations wherever possible.
- Work with the Planning Team and Strategic Buyer to ensure long term planning of inbound and outbound deliveries.
- Measure and manage storage capacity.
- Manage FLT resource effectively to ensure full fleet utilisation.
- Work with Tech to analyse systems and develop the department in the strategic use of them
- Interrogate any pick errors through your team and work to understand root cause and address.
- Complete regular audits to ensure that processes (both operational & H&S) are being followed.
- Work with the Stock Team to develop our stock control strategy and work with the wider team to implement.
- Constantly maintain, develop and update procedures, processes and policies for the department and maintain good practice in line with Company standards.
- Manage all equipment ensuring timely maintenance and repair.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Strong focus on H&S (IOSHH preferable).
- Proven leadership and motivation skills.
- Experience of managing a similar scale and type of operation.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and an ability to solve problems.
- Able to analyse data and produce reports/presentations to management as required.
- Skilled in process mapping and delivering operational improvements including the development of technology.
- Technical knowledge of systems and IT (Sage preferable).
- Possess a results driven approach focusing on working to and exceeding targets.
- Demonstrate a strong commercial instinct in relation to the impact of your role and department on customers and the business.
- Proven skills in planning and organising workloads for both yourself and the department.
If you are a strong communicator, driven and keen to bring new ideas to the team then we welcome your application!
Apply directly for immediate consideration or contact Adecco Chester for more information - 01244 346674.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.