Legal Secretary / Legal Assistant
JOB TITLE: Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant
SALARY: Competitive dependant on experience
HOURS: Monday - Friday, 9:00am till 5:00pm
BENEFITS: Competitive benefit package, company pension, longstanding and reputable firm.
THE ROLE: Our client, a professional and reputable local law firm are looking for a hardworking and organised Legal Secretary with either Conveyancing or Private Client experience to join their expanding team.
Duties will involve:
- Attending all service users and professionals, whether in person, on the telephone or by email in a polite, efficient and professional manner at all times.
- Taking accurate messages and ensuring they are passed to the appropriate department/Staff member without delay.
- Use a variety of software packages including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint , Excel and company case management systems to produce correspondence, documents, presentations, records, spread sheets and databases.
- Creating and/or maintaining office systems as required.
- Diary management, together with booking appointments/meetings. Also to assist in booking training courses etc.
- Attend meetings where necessary and assist in note taking/minutes etc.
- Manage and maintain all internal systems as well as billing clients and completion statements
- Creation, photocopying and printing of documents.
- SDLT on-line and Land Registry
- Liaise with staff, offices and external organisations as required to maintain efficient services.
- Assisting colleagues as own duties allow and, in particular, holiday/sickness cover
- Participation in marketing activities, whether on a firm-wide, departmental or office basis.
- Provide general support within the team/office/firm as required.
- Ensure compliance with Lexcel/CQS standards at all times.
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policies of the firm at all times.
THE CANDIDATE: You will have proven secretarial experience ideally within a legal environment, however my client will also consider applicants from a medical secretarial background. You must be confident to work without direct supervision and be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills. You will also have strong experience of Microsoft Office software and formatting skills. Most importantly you will be keen to provide a high level of professional secretarial support working with team members to provide clients with a high standard of service and professionalism.
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in finding out more about this fantastic opportunity please apply online, call the office on 01823 285440 or email email@example.com.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.