Compliance Monitoring Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
Contract - 12 Months
London/Work from home
Our client has served UK customers for over 50 years with their financial needs. Their services include asset servicing, asset management, private equity and hedge fund administration, broker-dealer services, depositary receipts, corporate trust and treasury services.
The key purpose of this position is to provide support to the development and execution of the risk-based compliance monitoring and delegate due-diligence programmes to ensure that the Firm properly discharges its obligations under applicable laws, regulations and guidance.
The role resides within the dedicated Compliance function supporting the centralised distribution and fund management business lines within the organisation which operates through EMEA Limited ("IM EMEA") in the UK and its fund management subsidiaries in the UK and Luxembourg. IM EMEA also has representatives conducting distribution activities within Dubai, UAE and Santiago, Chile and through a subsidiary company in Switzerland. Distribution activities within the EU/EEA are conducted through branches of the Luxembourg subsidiary in France (Paris), Germany (Frankfurt), Italy (Milan), the Netherlands (Amsterdam), Spain (Madrid) and Sweden (Stockholm).
The IM EMEA Risk & Compliance function is comprised of 12 individuals based within the head office in London and 3 individuals based in Luxembourg. This role will focus predominantly on monitoring of business functions in accordance with the global compliance testing methodology and on due-diligence of delegates, including the firms based in various global investment centres and of the fund administrators providing transfer agency services, valuation and fund accounting.
- To work as part of the IM EMEA monitoring function supporting the development and execution of a business-wide compliance programme to facilitate monitoring of the adequacy and effectiveness of policies and procedures implemented by the business to ensure that the regulated entities properly discharge their obligations under applicable laws, regulations and guidance..
- Provide input to the compliance risk assessment (CRA) process to determine the focus of the annual testing programme, including ongoing maintenance of the CRA in response to emerging issues/events, both internal and external.
- Provide input to scoping of review themes, identifying and researching relevant laws, regulations and guidance as necessary to gain background knowledge.
- Design and execute test plans which reflect the review scope, reviewing business information, processes and controls to determine the effectiveness of arrangements in place for compliance, recording test output accurately and identifying issues/gaps and/or instances of non-compliance, escalating to immediate line manager and the Director of Risk & Compliance.
- Participate in enterprise-wide "horizontal" monitoring initiatives organised by the the central Compliance Monitoring functions.
- Where required, make an active contribution to the corporate governance framework in respect of IM EMEA and its subsidiaries, including management of control documents and logs, preparation of the materials for internal governance committees and legal entity board meetings.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Compliance Monitoring Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.