Health & Safety Manager
- Full Time
The primary purpose is to facilitate, lead, manage the continuous improvement of H&S performance that will significantly reduce Incidents within the workplace. Maintain legal compliance, identify & embed best practices and be a critical influence on the positive safety culture at site.
Support the development Safety Leadership skills across multiple peer groups, raise sustainable standards, be a driver of a step change for safe behaviours and audit overall performance with high visibility and personal engagement style.
- Implementation and verification of management systems and safe working practices that deliver the Health, Safety & Wellbeing policy and the Environmental Policy aims
- Influence and lead towards a Step Change in health & Safety performance, improved Wellbeing, effective communication through engagement al all levels, fronting a positive culture change and embedding key safe behaviours.
- Prevention of incidents and accidents, work related illnesses through hazard and risk management and effective corrective actions and align across sites
- Incident Investigation and causation analysis to implement effective corrective actions to prevent recurrence, and share lessons learned
- Increase workforce engagement, inform, induct, train and coach employees on HSE related matters, policies and procedures
- Monitor, and report Performance KPIs at periodic meetings with Leadership Team, Line Management , Unions Representatives and Employees.
- Provide HSE continuity for site operations on HSE aspects and legal compliance reporting to HSE, Environment Agency and Local Authorities
- Monitor and report on effective use of the safe systems of work and support investigation of incidents, improve standards, input data to produce key performance statistics for business reporting
- HS&W Legislation & Environmental Legislation Use of external legal update service, COSHH databases
- COMAH Regulations for Lower Tier Establishment
- Internal Auditor for ISO14001:2015 standard and H&S Management systems
- Experience of claims and liability processes, interaction with HR and insurers
- Extensive demonstrated experience in a process environment
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent qualification at minimum Level 4
- Strong IT and Microsoft Office skills e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Experienced leadership, networking and communication skills, able to lead by example and influence others
- Good problem solving and facilitation skills
- Ability to work as a team member, taking the lead when required
- Capable of using own initiative and organising time effectively
- Flexible approach to meet business objectives and changing demands
- Experience of coaching and/or training
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work with a market leader with scope for progression and development.
For further information click apply or email