1 day left
- Full Time
Our client a Law Enforcement organisation is currently recruiting for a Procurement Coordinator start ASAP pending a security clearance which can take up to 4 weeks, duration 6 months, pay £16.84ph, hours Mon-Fri working 36 hours per week.
The successful candidate must have good written skills and some experience of working in the public sector, having knowledge of and/or used public sector frameworks with some experience of running tenders.
Overview of the role;
We are looking for someone with experience of procurement, stakeholder management, contract negotiation and supplier management, to provide support to deliver the procurement of a wide range of goods and services that meet the departments' requirements and provides value for money. You will need to ensure procurement activities are aligned with relevant departmental or Cabinet Office priorities/strategies, acting in accordance with Cabinet Office and EU procurement rules.
- Understand and support strategic procurement activities to contribute towards the department's overall objectives. Assist with driving improvement and raising awareness in the department to ensure compliance with the procurement policy and the need to achieve value for money.
- Provide general support to case teams with the preparation of business cases, specifications, tender documents, and evaluation of tenders. Drafting initial framework call-off contract terms, contract award, publishing contract awards.
- Provide administrative support for the Counsel Panel List.
- To use and follow procurement systems and processes in an effective and efficient way. Highlight issues and draft updates and guidance when necessary.
- Assist with the development of the clients contracts database. Input accurate and relevant contract information in order to provide accurate management information and give stakeholders advance notice of expiry and retendering requirements.
- Timely publication of tenders and contract awards.
- Follow procedures to improve value for money and promote use of new frameworks within the client. Making sure that aggregation rules are not overlooked and comply fully with public procurement law, commercial procedure, policy and assurance processes.
- Build a network of stakeholders with suppliers, internal customers and other category experts across the public and private sectors, maintaining strong working relationships.
- Provide accurate data for formal reports and briefings to the SCS and stakeholders on all aspects of procurement activity, in particular Counsel engagement and performance.
- Liaise on procurement matters with bodies across the public and private sectors in order to comply with regulations and standards.
- Turning strategic objectives into tangible outcomes and delivering results.
- Undertaking all procurement activity for goods and services, and being mindful of the legal and commercial risk. Highlighting risks identified to senior managers.
- Working closely with case teams to identify the appropriate Counsel. Obtaining necessary approval from General Counsel and then appointing Counsel. To ensure that specific requirements and terms are included in all letters of engagement.
- Where possible fairly distribute work between individuals and Chambers. To ensure that Counsel engagements and performance monitoring forms are completed and returned within the parameters set. Highlighting any multiple instructions and associated risks, to senior managers.
- Building relationships with case teams to improve communications and Counsel's overall performance. Reviewing performance monitoring forms, providing updates for General Counsel and highlighting any discrepancies and issues to the Head of Commercial.
- Building relationships with individual suppliers to ensure that the client on-going requirements are met and contract specifications are adhered to.
- Producing accurate records and updates on a monthly basis, using e-procurement systems to effectively manage and track procurement and end to end category management activity.
- Providing data and draft responses to PQs and FOIs for all Commercial related matters.
- Assisting with the management of all central commercial contracts. Ensuring that suppliers and their supply chain meet their contractual obligations, e.g. SLAs and KPIs.
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Procurement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.