2 days left
- Full Time
An excellent opportunity for individuals with leadership experience and driving operational excellence within a manufacturing environment to join a FMCG leader who supply their products globally, based at a modern facility in Elton.
Reporting to the Plant Director. The main purpose of the role is to lead a 24/7 manufacturing operation, delivering world class quality to our customers whilst achieving agreed business objectives, developing the operational team whilst embedding a culture of safety, continuous improvement and engagement.
APPLY NOW IF INTERESTED
Qualities we look for;
- Experience leading multi-functional teams within a 24/7 operation to deliver the business KPIs and plans
- In-depth understanding of the factors involved in operating a high-volume manufacturing process within a multi-discipline environment
- Experience of establishing and fostering a culture of team work, continuous professional development, inclusion and high performance to enable team members to meet their potential and perform at their best
- Ability to work in partnership with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Experience of working in a food environment, BRC/ISO/HACCP is an advantage
- Engineering Degree, desirable but not essential
- A working knowledge of operational excellence tools and management processes within a manufacturing environment (e.g. TPS, TPM, Six-Sigma)
- Significant experience in budgetary management and high degree of commercial understanding of Operations including managing Capital budgets
- Positive attitude, resilience and determination to drive improvements and produce the best results
- Leadership experience, coaching and influencing others
- Enthusiasm for developing others
- Experience of continuous improvement strategies and methodologies
Apply now, to be considered.
- Develop and maintain safe systems of work within the glass plant and ensure compliance with these systems
- Role model the development of a safe working environment
- Develop the management team to be leaders of the future
- Lead the glass department to deliver sustained class leading performance in:
- Health and safety
- Quality output
- Pack to melt efficiency
- Team engagement
- Develop an annual operating capacity plan for the glass department
- Work with supporting departments such as planning, HR, HSE to deliver the aims of the business
- Deliver high standards of hygiene and housekeeping in the plant in line with customer requirements, 6s and BRC-IoP standards
- Meet customer demand requirements right-first-time through management of the production, processing, engineering and continuous improvement functions
- Own the review and direction setting process (Production A3) to ensure site results meet or exceed quality, service and cost performance targets
- Mon-Thurs 8-5 Fri 8-2.30 38.75 hours (Hours may have some flexibility)
What we offer: A challenging opportunity to work with a market leader and join them in shaping a more sustainable industry for the future.
Compensation: your performance counts and it is attractively rewarded with a competitive salary and bonus scheme
Benefits: You will get an attractive benefits package, which includes
- Health Insurance
- Accident Insurance.
- Pension Plan
- Continuous training development.
- Green Travel Plan
- Company Bonus
- Employee Wellbeing
- Social Club
- Talent Development
- Enhance Reward Platform access to lots of other exciting benefits
- The job vacancy is based at our modern facility in Elton, Cheshire, UK.
What's in it for you
Work with a market leader, offering a competitive salary and benefits.
Make your impact, join us in influencing the industry, advancing standards and sustainability; your decisions can change the way we work and how we improve.
Teamwork is key, we can support you in an environment that encourages teams to enjoy their work together
Innovation in our industry is paramount to our success, we provide incredible technologies to enable you to impact industry leading changes.
Full training, with a huge focus on making a quality product we offer training to all new employee's, this can lead to future opportunities and chances to grow while you learn.
"We can never overestimate the value of our employees. They are the lifeblood of everything we do and stand for, working tirelessly to ensure that all processes are followed to produce the best container glass in the world. Sharing commitment, effort and talent, our diverse culture is what makes the difference."