Purchase Ledger Clerk
2 days left
- Full Time
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase ledger invoice, credit and payment processing to Sage. Assist in the preparation of accruals and prepayments to ensure supplier payments are achieved.
Holiday per annum
20 days plus Bank Holidays pro-rata
Salary per annum
£19,000 rising to £20,000 on successful probationary completion.
Full study support is given with 2 days per exam.
Receive and post invoices to Sage promptly
Chase all outstanding invoices, whether internally for sign off or externally from suppliers.
Assist with implementing new processes and procedures.
Process all payments through Sage.
> Ensure foreign payments to Clipouro, Jutu and Gera SRL are processed through to PO.
> Ensure purchase ledger cashbooks are reconciled to Bank and Sales ledger cashbook AR/AP.
Maintain integrity of the purchase ledger
- Ensure all suppliers are paid to their terms and conditions.
- Ensure all purchase orders are assigned to a supplier invoice in a timely manner.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliation on a rolling basis.
- Ensure creditor listing is kept up to date, for example, trading name/address/commodity codes/credit limits/VAT numbers etc.
- Maintain a log of invoices awaiting authorisation.
- Recognise accruals / prepayments and liaise with the Financial Controller.
- Ensure VAT is accounted for correctly.
- Ensure special codings are processed
- Keep coding spreadsheet up to date as Bible no side notes, liaising with Financial Controller.
Maintain relationships with suppliers & internal departments.
Any other ad-hoc duties requested by the Financial Controller.
· Looking to become a professional accountant with AAT Level 2 or equivalent, yet needing to gain experience on a purchase ledger, for up to 3 years, whilst studying towards the AAT qualification.
· Ability to take responsibility for the whole of the purchase ledger and to meet all deadlines.
· Sage experience preferred but not essential.
· Must be a team player.
· Willingness to learn new accounting packages, efficiently.
If you have questions regarding this role please contact Nick at Adecco
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Purchase Ledger Clerk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.