Head of External Communications
12 contract - up to £258.15 per day inside IR35
Commutable from Manchester, Liverpool, Stoke-on-Trent, Chester, Wrexham, and Blackpool
A large NHS Organisation comprising of two merged adult acute Trusts is looking for an experienced NHS External Communications Professional to join their organisation on a 12-month contract. Their aim is to provide the best healthcare services to their locality and improve the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience. They have a patients and staff first mentality and need an external communications expert to join their team, applicants with experience of media management and dealing with the press is essential as is previous strong stakeholder management.
* Responsible for the planning, organising, development, implementation and evaluation of communications strategies, projects, and campaigns to support Trust teams and help deliver the Trust's vision and corporate objectives by enhancing its reputation locally, regionally, and nationally.
* Responsible for the provision of high-quality, professional communication services and the delivery of highly complex, timely, clear, efficient, strategic, and operational communications to internal and external audiences.
* Take ownership and responsibility for identifying communications needs and opportunities, in line with Trust objectives.
* Provide specialist, strategic communications, and marketing advice to colleagues, including the Executive Team, often on high-profile, sensitive, and highly complex issues.
* Oversee the day-to-day delivery and management of the External Communications Team as part of the wider Communications and Marketing Department.
* Provide cross-cover with the Head of Internal Communications to ensure a seamless service.
* Oversee all media and public relations activity and reputation management for the Trust, both proactive and reactive, which supports the delivery of the corporate communications strategic plan, ensuring that media coverage accurately reflects Trust activity.
* Manage positive working relationships with key journalists on high profile, sensitive, distressing and often complex issues.
* Oversee and report on the use of analytical information to understand the reach and impact of external communications to inform continuous improvement.
If you are a qualified Communications expert with previous NHS Trust experience who would like to hear more about this role, please contact Hannah Quinn on Hannah.email@example.com for further information.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy