1 day left
- Full Time
We are recruiting on behalf of our client based in Birmingham City Centre for a Financial Accountant to join their successful team and provide support to the Finance department in Birmingham. This role is to begin within the next two weeks, so as such they are looking for an individual who is immediately available to join the team.
The team is split between the UK and a shared service centre based overseas. The successful individual will need to be prepared to be hands on in the ledgers whilst also working alongside the team overseas.
This is a temporary role working 35 hours per week Monday-Friday, and you have the option to flex your start and finish time. The role is for a minimum of two months however does have the potential to run considerably longer. We are looking at an ideal start date of Monday 22nd March.
This role is working remotely in the first instance, however dependant on government guidelines there may be some requirement to travel to their Birmingham office in the coming months.
Key duties include:
- Helping to deliver accurate monthly management accounts in a timely manner ensuring all tasks have been completed for month end procedures.
- Help and support the yearly audit process, working with the team and the auditors to ensure that deadlines for audit are met and information is provided in a timely manner.
- To ensure key balance sheet reconciliation accounts are maintained and updated on a monthly basis.
- Responsibility to ensuring timely & accurate submission of HMRC related returns & payments.
- Adhoc work will include supporting senior management and the team on other aspects of the business as directed.
Essential knowledge and know-how specific to the role:
- Fully qualified ACCA/ACA with ideally 3 years post qualification experience
- Experienced financial accountant within industry in a comparable role
- Hands on approach to finance and other areas such as Vat, Tax
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong stakeholder interaction
- Experience of working in a busy, dynamic and demanding Finance department with the ability to provide a professional service at all times
- Ability to plan and prioritise one's own workload, act on own initiative and effectively manage a multi-faceted workload in a fast-paced environment Desirable knowledge and know-how specific to the role:
- Knowledge of SAP ERP system
- Experience of group consolidation reporting
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply for Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.