Housing, Benefits & Planning - Property Management Officer
- Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity to join our client as a Housing, Benefits & Planning - Property Management Officer based in the area of Wandsworth.
Start date: ASAP
Hours: Full Time Mon to Fri
Salary: £30.41 PH PAYE - negotiable
3 Months +
Responsible to the Property Manager and Deputy Property Manager for the provision of a fully comprehensive supportive housing management service to clients in directly managed temporary accommodation dispersed across and outside both local authorities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for a portfolio of temporary accommodation, including casework management of the client and for housing management and repairs, from the point the property is let to vacation.
- To carry out visits, as directed, to all forms of directly managed temporary accommodation ensuring that relevant health and safety standards are met and maintained. Including the weekly testing of fire alarms at all hostels with shared facilities.
- To take prompt action to ensure the efficient use of property, minimising squatting and unauthorised occupation and ensuring the property is being maintained by the tenant.
- To be responsible for ensuring all units of directly managed Temporary Accommodation are available for re-letting in timescales agreed with the Property Manager. Responsible for advising the Temporary Accommodation team of available properties and to arrange the sign up of new tenancies advising new customers of the provisions of their tenancy. Notes and reports any given reasons for refusal and uses best endeavours to ensure acceptance of the offer.
- To ensure that all housing management issues are dealt with appropriately and that the necessary legal action is taken as required. To investigate complaints of anti-social behaviour, noise nuisance, breach of tenancy etc and to take the appropriate action. To attend court where necessary.
- To report and follow up property maintenance issues and be aware of the conditions contained in leasing agreements. To arrange properties for hand back where leases are not renewed.
- To provide monitoring and statistical information as required. To produce comprehensive reports of visits and inspections.
- To participate in duty rotas across both boroughs. To respond to letters and enquiries from MP's Councillors, clients and outside agencies as requested by the property manager.
- To provide a rent collection service for a specific portfolio of properties, to minimise arrears and to initiate recovery action against outstanding debt, liaising with colleagues in other sections as necessary. .
- To assist in the specification of new schemes and bring new schemes and units into management.
Consultant: Sarah Gillan Telephone: 07849 629289
The application process is subject to the successful completion of background and reference checking. Adecco Group is an equal opportunities employer If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Housing, Benefits & Planning - Property Management Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.