***User Researcher - Contract - London***
6 Month Rolling Contract
London (wfh when in the office)
UpTo £625 pwd via Umbrella Company
- Initially the role will be home-based, but as colleagues return to the office the official location will be London-based where the expectation could be to be on-site Mon-Fri
- Travel may be required from time to time, anywhere in the UK
Our client has been serving the households, businesses and communities of Britain for over 250 years. They offer a comprehensive range of financial products and services - including current accounts, savings, mortgages, loans and credit cards.
Job Profile Summary
Plays a lead role in the integration & pragmatic application of design in a multidisciplinary team of designers, product owners and engineers. Champions design and helps change mind-sets about problem solving. Helps others succeed through coaching and by sharing knowledge, being an active member of the Design community.
Job Profile Description
Design Thinking - Empathise;
- Own the first step in the design process - Empathise
- Help product teams to;
- Identify who they are designing for
- Understand when & how to use Design Research
- Determine what they know, what they don't know & how to fill gaps in knowledge
- Create hypotheses, set research objectives & reach unbiased conclusions
- Conduct quantitative & qualitative research
- Validate assumptions that will guide the product team's designs
- Discover patterns and insights through polls, focus groups, interviews, surveys, journey mapping
UX testing & more
- Keep the product design team on track by focusing on specific goals through user research objectives
- Connect insights to design through collaboration with product teams
- Create deliverables, reports, presentations, and/or videos to document and bring to life insights in an engaging and inspiring way
Measuring & evaluation;
- Defining key metrics and measurements for teams to evaluate the impact of Design Research
- Demonstrate how Design Research has contributed to reduced product/service development time & costs
- Co-designing with our clients and colleagues to design new service models and value propositions, defining how the business can re-organise themselves to deliver
- Taking research into actionable insights and communicating this in a succinct and human-centred way to stakeholders
- Working with product teams to define unmet needs of customers who may not use services, and defining how such needs can independently or collaboratively be met
Coaching and supporting;
- Supporting teams and organisations to develop the cultural conditions, practices, and rituals to design user-centred services
- Teaching colleagues how to undertake Design Research activities, and providing coaching to develop these capabilities
- Whilst reporting directly to the Design Lead for Commercial, you will work directly with both Lab & VS Product Owners
- As a Senior role within Design, the holder will be expected to be a self-starter and require the minimum of supervision
Essential Skills and Experience
- Several years of qualitative research experience with a proven ability to scope research, lead fieldwork, conduct interviews, perform desk research, lead synthesis and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Has experience running & being part of Design Sprints to solve problems and/or develop new products/services following a Design Thinking method.
- Must be a strong leader/facilitator, as this role will be expected to inspire & lead teams.
- Must be a strong communicator, capable of inspiring Senior leaders across the Group
- Must be a charismatic & personable individual capable of becoming a trusted & respected member of the team & wider Design community.
- Has experience coaching/developing others
- Doesn't need to have Financial Services experience if through above can demonstrate strong method
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.