Homelessness Prevention & Advice Officer (temp)
Our client is based in South London but to begin with you will be working from home due to Covid-19. This position will be on the Homelessness Team so our client is looking for a highly capable officer who has experience of dealing with Section 21 notices and who possesses strong knowledge and working experience of the recent Homelessness Reduction Act. This is a full time post (35 hours per week, Monday to Friday) and the client is keen to recruit candidates with previous experience of:
* Providing an efficient and effective front line service for residents, tenants and leaseholders accessing the Housing Options Service.
* Supporting, coaching and empowering clients to independently assess and manage their own housing situation and make informed choices.
* Delivering a responsive service to clients in housing need by interviewing and investigating household's circumstances in order to determine the best options and resources available.
* Providing a comprehensive debt management advice and support to ensure that housing options available are affordable and sustainable.
* Participating in a duty rota system to interview clients on an emergency and appointments basis, cover the telephone advice helpline service.
* Assessing homeless applications within Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 including cases for acceptance, refusal or referral to other authorities.
* Dealing with social tenant evictions where clients have been given a Section 21 notice by their private landlord. Experience of going to court and challenging evictions would be ideal.
* Negotiating with private landlords and using mediation techniques to resolve conflicts between the landlord and tenant.
Please note, you must have a minimum of two years homelessness prevention experience to be considered for this role, and an enhanced DBS is also required. No homelessness decision making (writing S184's) is necessary in this post.
Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria, are happy to work in Sutton long term and can start by end of March 2021 need apply.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy