Trade Validation Support - 106674
Trade Validation support - 106674
My high profile client are currently looking for a Trade Support person to join their London based team on a 12 month contracting position.
The Operations team provides a variety of services to support our banking business globally, including trade support, trade settlements & payments, reconciliations, corporate actions support and financial instrument maintenance.
Global Cash Products as a part of the Global Operations team collaborates on a daily basis with Global Cash Management, Front Office, Trade Management and many other important internal departments as well as with back office teams from other banks and corporate institutions from all over the world. Products supported include all OTC products e.g. Equity Flow Options, Interest Rate Swaps, Structured Exotic Options, Variance Swaps, Portfolio Swaps and Total Return Swaps.
The main focus for the teams:
* Deal with trade confirmation language and economic breaks and pre-settlement and post-settlement breaks/queries.
* Collaborate with client's ‒ resolving urgent issues, clarification of outstanding trades, confirmation of in and outgoing cash flows.
* Manage other tasks assigned as demand dictates
The financial industry is undergoing a significant transition, whereby certain inter-bank offered rates (IBORs) are being phased out, and replaced by Alternative Reference Rates (ARRs). In July 2017, the U.K. regulator tasked with overseeing LIBOR - the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) - stated that the interbank lending market that LIBOR seeks to measure is no longer sufficiently active and that it would not compel panel banks to submit LIBOR quotes beyond 2021.
* Understanding of ISDA documentation framework and product specific ISDA definitions
* Familiarity with OTC Derivative products across a range of asset classes, experience in drafting confirmations or/and settlement functions
* Ability to manage workflow, process and task management
* Experience in portfolio/trade migrations
* Work with internal stakeholders including Senior Ops management, Front Office and the project team to help manage the migration process in the run book.
* Management and tracking of queries, compile metrics, monitor reconciliations
* Involvement in UAT testing for IT deliveries
* Daily interaction with various stakeholders to coordinate and resolve any queries/breaks.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
* Strong knowledge of OTC / Swap products preferably with an operations background
* Relevant experience or exposure to ISDA confirmations or/and trade settlements processes
* Relevant experience in project management and working with front to back stakeholders
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to multi-task, work to deadlines and accommodate varying levels of volume
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work, whilst working under pressure
* Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Confident personality
* Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the organisation within Operations;
* Strong analytical mind-set with good EXCEL knowledge
* Question Processes and drive efficiency
If you have not received a reply to your application within 48hours please assume you have been unsuccessful this time.