Senior Mobile Applications Developer
You will work within an established team whose responsibility it is to develop and maintain the company's external/public facing facing web and ecommerce sites; these sites are used to promote, sell and advertise the company's software based products.
As a Senior Developer, as well as your technical experience will be expected to mentor and guide other less experienced members of the team and to be able to influence technology choices, options and the strategic direction of the senior management team. You will be able to demonstrate experience and confidence working with senior management and non-technical business side stakeholders for this purpose.
Your core duties will include...
- Enhance and maintain existing mobile applications used by the company's external customers;
- Define the approach for new applications and features;
- Work closely with the departments test team to improve and increase test automation capabilities;
- Actively participate in architecture development, planning and build for new projects;
- Work closely with the company's marketing team to agree product development priorities - products the company want to promote and take to market;
- Liaise with UX and design leads to ensure brand alignment and customer engagement with mobile applications is maximised.
Technology skills required...
Whilst this position is seen as a Lead/Senior role you will be expected to carry out hands on development and will need to have strong skills in the following;
- Experience in frameworks applicable to the above (ideally VueJS, but others useful);
- CI/CD technologies (ideally GitLab);
- Working knowledge / experience of NodeJS, Babel and associated web optimisation technologies;
- Cordova and/or PhoneGap.
Our client is realistic in that no one is likely to have all of the above, but to have a broad selection of technology skills including as many of the above as possible is highly desirable and will be to your advantage.
Further tools skills would include Jira, Confluence.
In summary this role requires passion and experience to design, implement, test and deploy public/customer side mobile web applications and the desire to influence the technology direction taking by the company on an ongoing basis.
Our client is a medium sized, highly profitable and well established company in a very fast paced, global, product driven market. This position will appeal strongly to candidates who want to make an impact within a company that is still growing (company size is still in the hundreds rather than thousands currently, which allows for greater flexibility of approach).
If your existing profile is a close match to the above description and you are looking for a positive career move, please do not hesitate to apply.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy